Author Topic: My, How Time Flies...  (Read 15561 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My, How Time Flies...
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »
Hey All.

Just noticed that as of taday, I have been kickin around this place fer a year.  Sat an thought on it fer a moment an realized how much I have gained bein in all yers company in that time.  Alot of friendship, support, some great laughs and a ton of priceless advice.  Heck, one a ya even was able ta convince me ta get some dental work taken care of when even Lil couln't talk me inta makin an appointment ::)  Who'd a figgured I get somethin like that from here?
     I'll never ferget how ya all were there when I was a nervous wreck in the time leading up to the birth of ma granson, that was great.
     Ya all tought me that the despite the old saying that yes, sometimes there is a stupid question, but that don't mean ya can't get an honest answer anyway :P

Aint gonna get mushy here, no sir, though there's more that could be said.  The point a all this ramblin comes down ta this...

THANK YOU ALL

Now Sleep has ta make fun a me er just won't seem right ;D ;D ;D

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: My, How Time Flies...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 03:38:48 PM »
Dang it all...Just when I was getting used to not likin' you, you had to go an' say somethin' like that.

Now I'll have to double up up on my Mean And Irritable pills tonight.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 03:45:53 PM »
If we could only live long enough to have him learn all he needs to know...  ::)
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:09:46 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
If we could only live long enough to have him learn all he needs to know...  ::)

Ah, yer the kind that lives ferever an ya know it ;)

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 04:05:46 PM »
Aw, c’mon, boys..

Always fun ta have fresh blood ta pick on.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 04:18:48 PM »
Note I said learn... not teach, we have plenty of time to do that.

Ah, yer the kind that lives ferever an ya know it ;)

30 years of teachin' butt haids killed my desire to live forever.

Aw, c’mon, boys..

LOL!!!
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »
Aw, c’mon, boys..

Why da ya think I made an effert ta bring FRESHER blood in?  :D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »
Leo, I'm just beginning to get my second wind. I do want to live forever.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 06:28:03 PM »
Leo, I'm just beginning to get my second wind. I do want to live forever.

Good on ya Pop!
     I balieve there are many here that's not only gonna go on an on, but enjoy the ride ta boot ;)  Just the right mix of honery an heart I spose.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
I'll try and keep up my end of the deal.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 07:56:12 PM »
Dang it all...Just when I was getting used to not likin' you, you had to go an' say somethin' like that.

Now I'll have to double up up on my Mean And Irritable pills tonight.

Stop tellin' folks you take pills for that.  Ma always told me that you was born that way when she was puttin' the bandages on me.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 08:03:20 PM »
uh !  maybe them wasn't pills,  did ya'll raise rabbits back then :o
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:16 PM »
He smothered all of mine. >:(
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
He jus wanned ta raise em, twern't his fault.

Roland Deschain

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 08:58:22 PM »
Raise them?  What... from the dead?

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 09:07:25 PM »
Maybe he was gonna practice to be the next Oral Roberts. :o
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
Well then I guess he cared more bout pettin em than raisin em. 

Roland Deschain

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 12:42:41 AM »
Stop tellin' folks you take pills for that.  Ma always told me that you was born that way when she was puttin' the bandages on me.

Uh, kid...you did know that Ma drank a lot of her own "medicine", didn't you?

That stuff cures the roup, the croup, the pip, the poop, the piles, an' the palsy; prevents saddle sores an' crotch itch, split ends, bunions, corns, and the pox; makes hens lay twice as many eggs, cows give more milk, hogs fatten quicker, an' babies cut teeth in a single week without discomfort. It can be used to soften old leather, remove rust, patch roofs, and de-horn cattle.  It also can be used as a sheep dip, or troublesome spot remover.  It will snap your suspenders, blue a rifle barrel, crack your glass eye right across the middle, and make child- birthin' a pure-dee pleasure.

What is it?  Why it's Mother Marlitha-Ellen Milldercreek's Marvelous Home Grown Indian Remedy and Soup Spice.

Forty nine cents a three ounce bottle or two for a dollar.  If not satisfactory, your money will be cheerfully refunded.

(WARNING: Side effects may include the blind staggers, hallucinations, speaking in tongues, projectile bleeding, reverse sneezing, the hippity-hops, unexpected pregnancy, broken noses, and possible incarceration.  Not recommended for children, weak-kneed sissies, women "of a certain age", or cats.  Use at your own discretion.)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 03:23:12 AM »
(WARNING: Side effects may include the blind staggers, hallucinations, speaking in tongues, projectile bleeding, reverse sneezing, the hippity-hops, unexpected pregnancy, broken noses, and possible incarceration.  Not recommended for children, weak-kneed sissies, women "of a certain age", or cats.  Use at your own discretion.)

don't you always love how the side-effects are worse than the fix?

I just got finished taking an antibiotic that, well to not get too gruesome, made me feel like I was giving birth from the lower region, and I'm a guy!  Man did that suck.  Only later did my Mom after freaking out read "may cause stomach irritability." Yeah, irritability!  Sure.

On another note, I've personally received flak because of these forums and my "hobbies" and you know what... bring it on!!  I appreciate everything I find.  And I appreciate the friendships that are made on these sites.  It's nice when you meet people in person for the first time and there ISN'T the 30 second "oh crap" moment and not knowing what to do.

That and I received some of the bluntest and best advice ever on this forum, and it had nothing to do with CAS.

I want to say thanks too, to Leo, to TexasLD, to all y'all for getting me back on track and having goals in life again.  It's sad to say I was almost content with the rat race, I almost gave up.  Thank you.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 07:16:11 AM »
These forums are here for us to be ourselves. Everyone gets along and there is always room for differences of opinions and a lot of friendly "ribbing" among friends.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com