Author Topic: Poney Racer Port of Entry  (Read 136555 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Poney Racer Port of Entry
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
Loaded the ’65 Ford F-100 (y’all remember them?) with shingles ta re-roof the first house. It was a short bed ‘n wouldn’t take much. Even it that I found out it weren’t gonna stop leavin’ the supply house parkin’ lot. Was a long five mile drive home in traffic.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Pony Racer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2008, 06:05:34 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, the original light truck, pre-ranger days.

My dad was given one of those an early 70's one when I was a teenager.

We drove it for a few years and then gave it to local votech.  Some of my classmates repaired it and since 1987 has been their light hauler - they do a push mower fixing service.

Course i think the only thing original on it is parts of the exterior at this point.

PR
GAF 239
Pony Pulling Daddy
Member Fire & Brimstone Posse
Having fun learning the ways of the cowboy gun
WAHOOOOOOOOOO YEHAWWWWWWW

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2008, 08:00:08 AM »
When they first brought out the F-150's, the F-100's had the station wagon chassis under them. The 150's were the true dedicated truck chassis. Don't see too many of the 100's around anymore, probably made into other stuff.........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 08:55:45 AM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »
Gettin’ old……..

Don’t seem ta remember a Country Squire with a twin I-beam front end under it…….
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2008, 09:08:59 AM »
We had a White 59 Country Squire with red interior. It had one of those Town and Country radios. We had it until 1962 and Dad ordered a 1963 Country Sedan wagon with 3 seats. We had a couple of Rancheros for shop trucks, a 57 and a 59. I always wanted a 58, never did find one.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »
Knew a guy had a early 80's Monte, no viynil top.  He meantioned it had funny rust spots in the sail panel, I looked at it, 4 in a line and a bigger one offset, figgered someone at Chevy ate tater chips fer lunch and leaned his hand against it with out washin' them when the metal was bare.  Could a almost got the prints off it. ;D  Seen a lot of funny things like that when I was in the body bizzness.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »
I want one of these:

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2008, 07:33:26 PM »
that'd be a slick little ride,  had a friend, that had a 64 Falcon,put a 427 in it scooted the motor back where the rear of the motor was just about where the front of the front seats should be. he drove it on the street, every Sunday he'd go over to a little joint, south of Tulsa, Snake Creek, people'd bring all kind of cars to race, some of em would drive em over there, some of brought em on trailers.  used to go over and watch em till the highway patrol started showing up.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »
Awww, man. Lookee that.

A ’65 El Raunchy-O.

AACA would gig ya fer the wheels, the tint ‘n the bed liner. Ain’t sher ‘bout the chrome trim down the sides. Ya might need documentation. Them AACA folks are as persnickety as NCOWS folks. I’s an AACA trained judge.

Sher is pretty thou.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:03 PM »
I like my cars like I like my women... the way they came from the factory.  That was just the first picture that I came across a few minutes ago.  How's this:

I always thought they were neat, but I had forgotten about them until I saw one on Ebay a few months ago. :D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:11 PM »
is that some of them Cragar mags on there ???

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »
Memory ain't what it was, OT. They look like USA.

That’s a ’63. I had a convertible model of that when I was in high school. They called it a Sprint. Bucket seats, V-8 ‘n a four speed.

AACA wants ‘em like they just rolled off the line. They’d kill ya in points for those wheels too.

My daddy was a chrome freak. All he could take off the ‘Bird under the hood ‘n have chromed, he did. I refused to change it when I inherited it because that’s the way he wanted it. When I took it to a show, the judges ate me slam up when I raised the hood. Ain’t the way it came.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »
Fergot. That’s an AACA show entry card taped to the windshield. Got one just like it still taped to the ‘Bird from the last show I stuck ‘er in.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »
Well, shows what I know.  I really don't know them very well except that I like them.  I used to be (still am in heart) a Beetle freak.  I would look at any car and could usually tell you in which year it was made, from '38 to '79.  It's been over ten years now and my memory on specifics is kinda fuzzy.  That ain't good if you are wanting to tell the difference between beetles. :( :D

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2008, 08:21:17 PM »
Hey Arcey, are the Bucket T's making a comeback over there?  seem ,more of em in the last couple of years than I have in years.  noticed they got a few bucket T clubs around.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2008, 08:26:18 PM »
One thing I learned from the AACA. If ya can’t have it the way ya want it without werryin’ ‘bout what someone else thinks, it ain’t werth havin’.  That’s just me.

We had two cars we couldn’t decide on in the last big local show I werked. They were both beautiful. We had to pick ‘em apart. We finally discovered one had headlights of two different brands. That one finished second.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2008, 08:27:10 PM »
Coooooool!  Reminds me of Herman Munster's car.

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2008, 08:36:18 PM »
Someone down the street from me had one, OT. I never saw it out of the garage. Then I never saw it at all.

There were usually a couple at the informal shows at a shoppin’ center nearby. I used to take the ‘Bird up there on Saturday evenin's in the summer. Not a judged thing. Just Hot Rods ‘n old cars. Drew a nice crowd thou. I used to enjoy that. The sponsor went out of business.

Don’t seem the kids want ‘em. They want tuners with different color body panels, a wing on the trunk. Big ‘rims’ (read wheels).

Sad.

edit: Fat fingered typos......

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »
saw one of them Munster cars at a fair one time.  ;D

Arcey, them little cars that turn the kids on now, just don't trip my trigger, I like to see the old big cars, back when it took horsepower to launch that baby.  ;D   as far as looks go they'll never make em like that again. :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com