Author Topic: Rossi '92 conversion  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Rossi '92 conversion
« on: September 01, 2017, 08:13:25 AM »
I traded for a stainless Rossi 1892 short (very short) carbine in .45 Colt that will only hold 9 rounds. Can that action be converted to feed .45 CAS, and if so who does that work?
I have been using .45CAS cases for a couple of years in my revolvers and an 1860 Henry (converted) and would like to use then in my brand new shiny rifle.
Thanks
Bunk

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Rossi '92 conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:00:34 PM »
Zippa De Do Da .... Zippa De Yea.

No.  I say that with a Caveat.  I don't personally know of anyone who has successfully gotten a '92 to run C45S cases.  There are problems with the Cartridge Stop followed by the Cartridge floating around on the carrier well ahead of the Rim Guides and ..........

There is actually a laundry list of things to be overcome.  It is actually very difficult to get a '92 that will successfully run 45 Schofield cases.  It is really problematic.

I am unsure if Nate Kiowa Jones has ever tried it.  Nate be the accepted Guru of the '92.  He has never mentioned it in polite conversation.  None of the "other" Cowboy Gunplumbers I know have been successful.  Of course, I don't know how many actually tried.  Or even if any of them tried.  I personally tried.  Worked at it for quite a while.  You may note I'm not jumping up and down bragging about how "I did it ... I did it" cause I didn't.  My last gasp was to try a "stop" on the carrier and a completely new and different set of Cartridge Guides.  My finger poking was interrupted by an extended stay in Hospital and due to circumstances beyond my control, I never got back to it.  I Aldo didn't think it would qualify as anything beyond a curiosity of having been done.

Based on my experience, I should call your Brandy Knew Two Ewe '92 a "Nine Shooter" where you have to do an "on the clock" reload every stage.  I've been there and done that and it's real frustrating after a while.  If course, if all your stages are written for 9 rounds of rifle (they use to be like that) it ceases to be at issue .. yes??  Such a simple and elegant solution to such a complex problem. No??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com