Author Topic: Military or civilian 60 army  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Pappy Hayes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Military or civilian 60 army
« on: January 30, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »
I was curious what your opinion on which 60 Army would be best to use for Richard's conversion. I have an Uberti 60 Army that I purchased with the plan to convert it. It is the military cut for shoulder stock. I am thinking about purchasing another Uberti to replace the Pietta I have so I have matching ones. If I do, I was not sure to purchase another military one or a civilian one.

Offline Pappy Hayes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Military or civilian 60 army
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 08:32:58 AM »
Thanks Seth. Nice picture of an original. Is it yours or you just found the picture?

Offline Wild Ben Raymond

• Wild Ben Raymond
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:55:31 PM »
Howdy! Folks, FYI in the book A study of Colt Conversions by R. Bruce McDowell on page #153. it states: "U.S. Richards' frames are found in both three-screw & four-screw types and all but 130 new frames listed in the two Day Journal entries, are cut for shoulder stock" So to me that means of the meer 130 cut for shoulder stock there's even fewer with four-screw type frames. But I must say looking through the hole section on the 1860 Army Richards Conversions there were no pictures of a four-screw framed version........Wild Ben Raymond

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:45:49 AM »

Offline Pappy Hayes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:58:50 AM »
Is there anyone that sells the 60 Army in the civilian model? Does it have three screws or the four screws? I have an email into Taylors but have not heard back from them yet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com