Author Topic: Going to try a different rear sight.  (Read 670 times)

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
Going to try a different rear sight.
« on: April 16, 2023, 04:54:30 PM »
Like most everyone, as I'm getting older (pushing 60) I am finding sights getting difficult to use, especially buckhorn's, So, last week while I was putting in my monthly order at Midway I added a couple Marbles Bullseye rear sights. Originally my thoughts was for my Browning 86 SRC, but after yesterdays shooting day with the 76 Short rifle I'm thinking it will go on that rifle to start with. Anyone tried these Sights?
King Medallion

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Going to try a different rear sight.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 07:52:45 AM »

:)  King  ;)

Depends (Yep, they come in a plastic package)  ::)   I don't personally do well with any sort of rear "peep" sight.  Also, I'm no longer a "hunter" and "60" is just a fond memory.  Since all of my rifle shooting is for CAS, I have gone to a "Flat" express style rear sight.  Really quick to pick up and allows lots of lateral view for the next target.  Can;'t remember the last time I shot offin a bench.  Just my take.

Offline SiringoMN

• Very Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 16689
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 12:30:33 PM »
King - all of my lever guns use the bullseye rear sight from Marbles.  It's a great fast sight and does not obscure the target field.  In fact a couple of hunting rifles have front sights that are the green luminous type.  They really stand out at dawn and dusk.  Although, for basic target shooting using a 6 o'clock, hold I spray it with sight black. You will not be dissapointed using the marbles bullseye sight.  Just let is blur and center the front sight in the blur!

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:24:30 PM »

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 07:42:06 AM »
Put this Bullseye on the Presidio, no adjustment to it at all. I figger if it hits the bull circle in the 75-100 yard range I'm good to go, as I'm just not comfortable with what i call long range shooting.
King Medallion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com