Author Topic: Could someone please look at their 1875 Outlaw for me ?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Could someone please look at their 1875 Outlaw for me ?
« on: June 24, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »
I purchased a Uberti Remington 1875 Outlaw imported by Cimarron about 8 weeks ago . While cleaning the gun I noticed a hole in the frame where the loading gate pin is about 1/2" long by 1/4" wide . There is only about 1/32 of metal seperating the loading gate pin hole from the frame . Also the front trigger guard threaded screw hole in the frame you can see the treads pertruding through . If you remove the cylinder and the set spring screw the load gate while slide right out . I'am just wondering if all the Outlaws have this ? Thanks

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Could someone please look at their 1875 Outlaw for me ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
 Well I guess no one has ever removed their trigger guard and the loading gate retention pin to do a cleaning . After Cimarron had my 1875 Remington pistol for seven weeks and sent it back with the crater hole in the frame next to the loading gate pin hole I called them and they informed me all the 1875's have this jagged crater hole in their Outlaw frames ? This I was told was a manufacturing process ? Hugh..... ? I'am not drinking their coolaide and will take the Outlaw to my local Gunsmith and have the hole braised or welded and send the bill to Uberti not Cimarron . I know I will never see a penny of my money but this is one hell of a quality control issue . Uberti has lost any of my future business . Thanks

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 08:59:49 AM »
Sorry I took so long Brudford, I have a frame I'm building into a 75, and it matches what you describe. Have also found the same on my other newer Remmies, but haven't pulled apart any of my older ones yet. So yes I believe it is that way as part of the manufacturing process, or at least it is now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:11:04 AM »

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 04:18:43 PM »
 Thanks for responding , so you have a roughed edgeded crater hole right next to the loading gate pin hole with about 1/16" of metal from the frame to the loading gate pin hole ? So how could this not be a defect or safety issue ? It will eventually wear through and could be a safety issues when the loading gate falls out when the pistol is being fired ? Thanks

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »

Actually, considering the amount of metal, I would seriously doubt you could wear through that sixteenth inch in your lifetime.  Or the lifetime of your dependents.  NOT and issue.  It may well bug you, but at ain't an issue.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 06:30:21 PM »
I'd kinda like to see a photo of the offensive crater
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »
Me too.

Offline Jeremiah Jones

• Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3945
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 09:40:12 PM »
I have an Outlaw and Don't see the offending crater.  I would like to see a picture.
Scouts Out!

Offline Slamfire

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »
 Yup ! got my attention ,, pic's.

coffee's ready ,, Hootmix.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
 ;D Ask and ye shall receive. Sorry it took so long, wife went in the hospital for the weekend, she's fine, just concern for her blood pressure. We've got six kids, of course our blood pressures are high.

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 06:19:00 PM »
 Pathfinder that is the same crater I have in mine . I recieved my pistol back from Cimarron a few weeks ago , of course with no explaination in regard to the hole . I called Cimarron and they spoke to the Gunsmith and that crater is there in all those pistols , " it is a manufacturing thing " Hugh...!!!

Offline sack peterson

• Very Active Citizen
    • Stag Grips
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 10:04:51 PM »
Mine has that.  I see similar on Cattleman and other makes.

It really is just a function of the blueprint orientation of the internal channel cut and then that cut out for the loading gate boss.  Its not a weak spot, there is enough metal there for things to work the way they need, and for durability.  I have some doubts you could braze in metal and not interfere with proper trigger and hammer travel.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 11:17:15 PM »
I have seen similar voids/cut-throughs in Lightning/Model P Jr. frames some years back, between one of the gripframe screw holes and the hand channel.  Looked like pretty sloppy workmanship but not visible when assembled and didn't affect function.

Offline brudford

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 11:37:52 AM »
Now that I think about  it, I had a CVA .44 Cal cap and ball revolver back in the early 1980's. it was a kit gun that I built , the ones made in Spain.  It had several of those craters on the inside of it's frame . What a POS that pistol was , draw your own conclusions ?

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 07:31:01 AM »
That is a Uberti defect. I have 1875 Replica Arms in 45 not there, like wise in Navy Arms ,  Replica made not there, both with Post front sites.  In a Uberti Outlaw yes.

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2021, 09:01:12 AM »
Russ1943, I also have 3 of the early Replica Arms 75's made in 1971/72, I'll try to check them on Sunday and compare them, my 1976 Navy Arms Uberti and my 1997 ASM 75. The picture I posted was from an early 2000's Uberti.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com