Author Topic: SOLD 44-40 soft point bullets SOLD  (Read 405 times)

Offline Coyote guy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SOLD 44-40 soft point bullets SOLD
« on: February 13, 2024, 03:30:32 PM »
I have 5 boxes(100 each) of 200gr Remington semi jacketed soft points. These are .426, mistakenly bought them for my 44mag

Asking $30 per box plus shipping

How about $110 shipped?? at this point I would take a loss to get rid of them

Prefer PayPal or Venmo for payment

Added a few photos. If you are interested I will surely send any information you need/want to feel comfortable with the sale.

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1161
Re: WTS 44-40 soft point bullets (.426)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 06:29:30 PM »
Hello New Guy

I see you only just signed up today on the Cowboy Action Shooting forums (CAS City), so you could post a for sale ad,
for  Jacketed bullets that most people do not not use for Cowboy Action….

And thats your first and only post.

No offense, but with the plethora of scammers and shysters around this does loo more than a tad suspicious.

Why dont you introduce yourself and participate in a few chats here first? That is actually the neighborly thing to do….

Yhs
Prof Marvell
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Coyote guy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 10:08:21 PM »
Hey Professor Marvell,
Thanks for the reply, although I am a little bummed you didn't want to buy the bullets! You are absolutely correct about a few things.
First- I  created this account roughly 6 minutes before I created my "WTS' ad.
Second- It is in fact my only post
Third- I see that most people with a 44-40 do not use semi jacketed soft point bullets, they are most definitely not the normal hard cast bullets that most guys use.

I do not shoot any cowboy action shooting events or anything of the sort, I actually really dont know anything about it. However, I assumed that people that do participate in this stuff, and use these types of guns would have more use for these bullets than I do. I simply own a few 44 mags that I hunt with, and these bullets cannot be used in them. One is a marlin 1894 lever action and the other is a Ruger Redhawk I got from a fella that is like a grandpa to me, probably my most prized gun that I own.

I see that you dont find me very neighborly, and that is ok, I havent been around here very long. As for chatting and contributing to this forum, I am afraid there is not much I can contribute (other than some bullets that most guys dont want) since what I  do is a ridiculous amount of big game hunting, and trapping for a living. I do a lot of reloading but not for a 44-40. I reload for a handful of rifle/pistol calibers as well as 12ga.

I do see responses like this ALOT on forums, new guy comes in and absolutely has to be scamming people and stealing everyones money. I can see why it seems suspicious, but Im not sure how you get people to trust you through a computer. Best I can do is try to sell these bullets and ship them to the guy that buys them. If there was a way to give references from other forums/classifieds I would surely share them.
Sorry for causing concern in this forum, not my intentions. If anyone is actually interested in these bullets, send me a message and we can talk on the phone (if that  helps) to come to an agreement and we will figure out something that works for both parties.
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me,
Collin

Advertising

Re: SOLD 44-40 soft point bullets SOLD
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:33:30 PM »

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4965
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 10:44:13 AM »
Please understand, it's not that this is not a friendly place [it really is] but we have been hit very hard by scammers the last couple of years, so we are leery of someone just showing up that we don't know with stuff for sale.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1215
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 11:21:36 AM »
Well, interestingly enough, I have a somewhat vague recollection of somebody on this site recently (a few months aho?) stating their aggravation that they couldn't find that type of bullet.  Don't recall who nor which forum but I'm hoping they will see this. 

While there are lots of scammers, it is easy to assure someone, like providing a requested picture which might be your sale items with a current newspaper or your driver license in the photo.  The scammers disappear when you request those things.

Offline Coyote guy

• Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: WTS 44-40 soft point bullets (.426) Photos added
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 08:31:04 AM »
Im sure it is a friendly place, just not to new guys trying to sell stuff, and I understand that. Nothing like getting called a scammer/thief on your first post! Once someone commits to buying them maybe I can get past that.

Abilene, glad to hear that maybe one guy on here may have an interest! Now ill just hope he sees this ad.  I did add some photos, but I have no idea how to turn them correctly, but you can get the point. I will certainly give the information requested to make someone more comfortable with the sale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com