Author Topic: Most Bad of the Bad  (Read 24138 times)

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Most Bad of the Bad
« on: January 17, 2005, 07:55:36 PM »
Historic or otherwise; who is the most bad of the bad guys?

I'll vote for Henry Fonda in "Once Upon A Time in the West." Remember how he cleaned out that entire family...
or
Gene Hackman in "The Quick and the Dead." Shot his own son!
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

The Arapaho Kid

Re: Most Bad of the Bad
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 09:34:46 PM »
My vote for the baddest of the bad is Lee Van Cleef.  He was always the bad guy in the movies he was in.  I never saw him play a good guy.  He always looked like a guy that would rip your arm off, then stuff it down your throat.

Lee Van Cleef

Baddest of the bad!

Offline tarheel mac

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Number 69437 WARTHOG!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 06:15:32 PM »
Yeah Van Cleef was a "good guy" (sort of) in the 2nd Eastwood spagetti western...can't remember the exact title at the moment..

For my money though, Lee Marvin in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" was the worse 'un....

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:14:43 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 07:53:02 PM »
My vote for Bruce Dern, shot the Duke in the back.  Sides that he looks mean, kinda deranged.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 10:43:05 AM »
The Movie that Lee Van Cleef was in with Clint was "for a Few Dollars More".  I cannot ever forgive Bruce for shooting The Duke in the back.   What a Coward!  Lee Marvin was a bad guy in " The Comancheros" but The Duke shot himm early in the movie. His role was Tully Crow.  Henry Fonda was totally out of character in "once Upon a Time in The West", he was a Bad Man.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 02:31:26 PM »
Saw an interview with Bruce Dern, and he was saying to this day people have never forgiven him for the scene in The Cowboys.  :o 
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 07:19:35 AM »
That feller in "Lonesome Dove" (the one who dragged Jake Spoon across the line). He was really bad.

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 08:48:36 PM »
Bruce Dern... Lee Van Cleef....  good choices for bad guys.  How about Bad Bob The Albino in "The Life And Times Of Judge Roy Bean"?  I believe he was played by Stacy Keach.
Then there's Tuco.  He was kinda blood thirsty.
For a real life bad guy there are many candidates like John Wesley Hardin or an even better choice would be Killer Jim Miller - who started out his killing career by shotgunning his own grand parents when he was around 12 years old and went on to make a career out of shooting men in the back for money.
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline tarheel mac

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Number 69437 WARTHOG!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2005, 04:09:46 PM »
Having just watched "Lonesome Dove" I think I am gonna have to change my vote...Ferderick Forest as Blue Duck gets the prize from me...

Offline Whiptail Moses

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 09:11:41 PM »
i wouldn't put tuco on that list, you cant help but like him in that movie.
'Whiptail' Moses Byron Ames

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »
Saw Lee Van Cleef in a movie where he went after a Mexican hombre who had supposedly raped a girl. 
He was supposed to be a "good" guy in that one.  Now I gotta find the name of the movie.

Is he still kickin'? 
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Whiptail Moses

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 10:07:26 PM »
nope, he passed on in 89.
'Whiptail' Moses Byron Ames

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 10:00:37 PM »
Ol' Lee Van Cleef played the good guy in most of his movies.  In the first ones he playd the bad guy because of his looks but then once he began getting starring roles, he was the good guy.  I always liked him... just not always all of his movies.  ::)

I agree that Henry Fonda is really among the worst of the worst. 

Gene hackman is my hero for offing that annoying punk!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Gosh, that was just a awful movie!  Did y'all notice that every time the Gene's henchmen arrived in frame, they cycled their rifles?  I'm surprised they ever had any ammo left to actually shoot!!!!  (no, I have not seen this movie dozens of times.  I have seen it only once in its entirety back when it first came out.  It was soooo bad, that I remember these things... like a really bad nightmare!!!)
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 10:47:49 PM »
Gosh, that was just a awful movie!  Did y'all notice that every time the Gene's henchmen arrived in frame, they cycled their rifles?  I'm surprised they ever had any ammo left to actually shoot!!!!  (no, I have not seen this movie dozens of times.  I have seen it only once in its entirety back when it first came out.  It was soooo bad, that I remember these things... like a really bad nightmare!!!)
Sounds like you're talking about The Quick and the Dead. One dumb movie.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 07:42:26 PM »

Yep!  Too bad too, because it had a really good premise.  There are no good movies with women as gunfighters.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 01:03:28 PM »
How 'bout Ringo in Tombstone--now there's a bad guy!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 01:12:13 PM »

Yep!  Too bad too, because it had a really good premise.  There are no good movies with women as gunfighters.

Well, I think that's because most good women would kill to defend themselves and their families (which wouldn't play well at the movies), while the bad women would be subtle and get someone else to do their dirty work for them. Although it's not a Western by any definition, the baddest woman in a movie I've seen was the woman played by Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat." She was bad.

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 09:54:33 PM »

Well, I think that's because most good women would kill to defend themselves and their families (which wouldn't play well at the movies), while the bad women would be subtle and get someone else to do their dirty work for them. Although it's not a Western by any definition, the baddest woman in a movie I've seen was the woman played by Kathleen Turner in "Body Heat." She was bad.

AnnieLee

I agree Miss Annie!

About "Body Heat" however, I cannot agree... for I haven't seen it!  :(  Ol' Kathleen Turner is quite a looker, though, and I ask myself how on earth I've never seen a movie entitled "Body Heat" !!!!!

Offline Irish Red O'Toole

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 03:40:34 PM »
Trinity, make sure you have plenty of ice on hand when you do see it.  She's that hot in it!!!

Offline Frank Dalton

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 04:07:30 PM »
What movie was it that one of the bad guys burned people alive for the fun of it? I think Sissy Spacek was in it.
Frank Dalton
US Deputy Marshal
Indian Territory
SASS# 54716L
USFA CSS# 59
GAF# 360
STORM# 268
Perge Scelus Mihi Diem Perficias

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com