Author Topic: Bought another clone  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Black River Bill

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Bought another clone
« on: April 01, 2021, 02:38:33 PM »
Ordered a Cimarron Custer Cavalry model from Midway today.  They have them in stock.  Does anyone know if they have the 4 clicks like Colt?

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Bought another clone
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
The Cavalry is on the Old Model (BP) frame.  It should have 4 clicks!  Enjoy.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:39:03 PM »
If it doesn't have four clicks then throw it in the trash.

Or send it to me.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:14:48 PM »

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 11:00:53 AM »
When you get it please let us know if it has the 4 clicks and if so, does it have the hammer block safety or no safety at all.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 12:22:50 PM »
Like I said, a new Cimarron cavalry will have 4 clicks, a 2-position base pin, and a standard Colt-style hammer.  Just as they have been making them for the last 20 or more years.

Offline Black River Bill

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 01:07:18 PM »
Like I said, a new Cimarron cavalry will have 4 clicks, a 2-position base pin, and a standard Colt-style hammer.  Just as they have been making them for the last 20 or more years.

I have a lathe so I can fix that 2 position base pin, unless a Colt pin would work.

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 02:26:51 PM »
Well there ya go!! I reckon I gotta lathe too!!!  Only mine looks like a bench grinder!! Lol

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 02:35:32 PM »
I have heard of folks using a Colt base pin in an Uberti, so I guess it fits, if you want to spend the extra bucks.  :)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 11:49:50 PM »
Recently I got a Uberti SAA replica .32-20 with 7 1/2" barrel from Dixie Gun Works. It was the Old Model frame with the retaining screw in the front but it had the retractable firing pin and 3-click hammer. Abiline I do hope Cimarron is continuing to keep their Old Model frame Uberti's in the 4-click version. I think Cimarron is the only one to still have 4-clickers. I have also seen pictures on Gunbroker of Taylor's & Co. Old Model Frame Uberti's that appear to be 3-clickers, based on the position of the trigger.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 01:11:20 AM »
Yeah, I don't know how long they will be able to keep it up.  That is why I bought my charcoal blue Cavalry not too long ago.  And I have an older Cimarron 4 3/4" 44-40 Old Model that has no mate, so I "need" one of those, too!  But I did order a couple of the original style hammers and triggers from Taylors just to have on hand, not knowing how hard those might be to get later, either.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 08:15:53 AM »

:)  BRB   ;)

Before you go spending money on an overpriced Colt Base Pin, just put your OEM Base Pin an a padded vice and take a hacksaw to the last 3/32 of an inch, then square it up and dress it nicely.  Then you can just shove the OEM Base Pin all the way in and it'll look just primo.

Then you can just send me a Czech for the cost of the Colt Base Pin and we'll both be tickled.

Stay Safe Out There

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 03:55:14 PM »
Then you can just send me a Czech for the cost of the Colt Base Pin and we'll both be tickled.

I would but I can't get any of my grandkids in an envelope.  ;D
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Black River Bill

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 12:24:26 PM »

Sorry for a late reply.  The Cavalry model does have 4 clicks, and I also shortened the base pin.  Nicely finished gun and I'm extremely pleased with it.

On a side not, I ordered a .38-40 SA from Taylor"s & Co. with 4 3/4" barrel.  I finally got it and it had the 3 click hammer.  I ordered an older style 4 click hammer and trigger and installed them.  Much better now.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 04:25:25 PM »
Recently I got a Uberti SAA replica .32-20 with 7 1/2" barrel from Dixie Gun Works. It was the Old Model frame with the retaining screw in the front but it had the retractable firing pin and 3-click hammer. Abiline I do hope Cimarron is continuing to keep their Old Model frame Uberti's in the 4-click version. I think Cimarron is the only one to still have 4-clickers. I have also seen pictures on Gunbroker of Taylor's & Co. Old Model Frame Uberti's that appear to be 3-clickers, based on the position of the trigger.

That's your difference, Uberti from Dixie, Taylor, etc. Cimarron are the only ones still the old way. For how long they can keep getting them is unknown.

As for basepins, my most recent Old Model Cimarron custom order model P had the shorter one position basepin like they are now putting in the ones with the new fangled retractable firing pin models so it was a win win. Just like a SAA is supposed to be.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com