Author Topic: Interested in GAF any suggestions on how to start  (Read 9851 times)

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Interested in GAF any suggestions on how to start
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 11:26:31 AM »
Frenchie,

I too am combining my NCOWS and GAF into one persona.  I added the time periods so I could adjust and expand my persona as my pocket book and knowledge allowed.  Maybe sometime in the future I'll have a talk with you about the list you have of manufaturers.   But for now I think I will start witht the main stream stuff and I'll still pass muster.

One thing you might want to consider though BK, some times the "hardcore" or "Progressive" equipment isn't any more expensive than the "mainstream" and though you may not be interested in going hardcore yet, you may be at some point in the future. This is the voice of expirience speaking. I can think of at least one instance where I bought an item and replaced it more than once and actually spent more on the first one by itself than if I had just bought the good one in the first place. IMHO you owe it to yourself to at least check with some of the better manufactures so that in case you do choose to go hardcore someday you don't have to replace all your equipment.  I'm not posting this to criticize or to "rain on anybodies' parade". I just hate seeing anyone make the same mistakes I've made. If you check with the better producers and still decide to go with the mainstream suppliers that's ok, but at least then you are an "educated consumer."
Another thing to consider; You can always wear a progressive uniform to a mainstream event but it'd be pretty embarassing to wear a mainstream uniform to a progressive event.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Bristow Kid

• I've got a touch of hangover beuracrate. Don't push me
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Matthew(Matt) Bohach
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 08:19:20 PM »
I'll make this really simple.  I want cheap for right now.  Just something to get by till later.  I am on a diet and its going slowly but its going.  So I want cheap so when I get to the weight I want to be I can buy a decent uniform.  I figure if I buy something cheap I can have it taken in as I lose weight.  But I will take your advice and check all manufacturers.
Prayer Posse
SCORRS
NCOWS #2540
Grand Army of the Frontier #437
Department of the Missouri
PWDFR #149
RATS #233
SASS #68717
WARTHOG

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »
I'll make this really simple.  I want cheap for right now.  Just something to get by till later.  I am on a diet and its going slowly but its going.  So I want cheap so when I get to the weight I want to be I can buy a decent uniform.  I figure if I buy something cheap I can have it taken in as I lose weight.  But I will take your advice and check all manufacturers.
I understand the need for inexpensive. I quit farming a couple of years ago and last year was the first in 15 I got to pay income tax. What a thing to celebrate huh? ::) When you're that broke the last thing you want to do is to have to buy something twice.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:54:47 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com