Author Topic: Whatcha RATs do in REAL life? REALLY???  (Read 13521 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Whatcha RATs do in REAL life? REALLY???
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 08:43:36 PM »
That's about what I do Hank.  I just work for the developer and architect instead of the GC.  Everyone in the field says they wouldn't take my job in a million years, but I like it.  Gotta a sale phone permanently attatched to my ear, but you get used to it.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Hank Rugerman

• Rats# 413
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 08:50:53 PM »
Been working construction since 75...
Work mainly in industrial..Texas Ship Channel area..

One of these days I'll escape....I just have to catch em looking the other way.. 8)

If you get to thinking your important..try ordering someone elses dog around!

Offline Deadeye Dick

• Top Active Citizen
  • Deadeye & His Belle
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »
Retired Fleet Operations Manager for the State Department of Transportation. Now I have more time to play. ;D ;D ;D
Deadeye Dick
NRA LIFE, NCOWS #3270, BLACK POWDER WARTHOG, STORM #254,
  DIRTY RATS #411, HENRY #139, PM KEIZER LODGE #219  AF&AM

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 09:09:29 AM »

Offline Pappy Morgan

• SASS #68277 GOFWG #286 RATS #238
  • Citizen
  • Old East Texas Wrangler
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 07:18:20 AM »
 :D I retired Oct.26th, 2007 after 35 years as a freight driver for Yellow Transportation. It's been four month's and I am enjoying every minute of this retirement life. I have been catching up on projects that I put aside for years. I am really going to enjoy retirement when it finally warms up here in the cold frozen MN.

Hang in there pards.......retirement is great!!!!!!!! ;D
SHOW THOSE RUDE PEOPLE THE DOOR, MAX!!!!!!

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 07:48:32 AM »
Did all sorts of jobs until I was 36, both working for a boss and being self employed, then I joined Corrections and worked for 22.5yrs. Ended up as a tactician responsible for crime fighting in 12 prisons spread accross half the state. I had been a Deputy (2nd in charge, manager of security) at a number of minimum/medium and maximum security prisons as well. I retired to nurse my late wife 18 months before normal retirement (60yr old). She passed away last June and I was called in to work as a temp employee/conultant reviewing inmate management practices and advising prison managers. I just finished 6 months and turned 60 last week and they signed me up for another 6months. I'm sorta enjoying it and the money is good, but I am keen to get into my retirement and do all the gun/4wd tinkering/reloading/casting/noise making/hunting/shooting/motorcycle riding/leatherwork that I have planned, I plumb don't have enough time to go to work!!!!
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »
Sounds like you have plenty goins on to keep busy.
     My Ma passed last July an my Dad's been runnin a schedule similar ta yours.  Got him into shooting single six a few months ago even though he lives a couple states away.  It's funny we've come to a time when I can teach him a thing or two as his previous experiance with guns was all millitary stuff in the Corps.
     Don't never be ashamed to be caught with a .357 in your hands.  That's God's chosen caliber, or so I hear!

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 07:03:48 PM »
Sounds like you have plenty goins on to keep busy.
     My Ma passed last July an my Dad's been runnin a schedule similar ta yours.  Got him into shooting single six a few months ago even though he lives a couple states away.  It's funny we've come to a time when I can teach him a thing or two as his previous experiance with guns was all millitary stuff in the Corps.
     Don't never be ashamed to be caught with a .357 in your hands.  That's God's chosen caliber, or so I hear!

Leo

Thanks Leo, I bought the 357 Rossi real cheap! I thought that it would be a good backkup rifle and a loaner for new shooters who didn't have one. It turns out it is the sweetest most trouble free little rifle I ever had. Trouble is when I use it, I can't take the mickey out of my good mate Rossco who shoots 357s exclusively, shucks, kinda takes the shine off a weekend shoot.
Mick.

PS, I'm heading out in a few hours for a four day cowboy shoot over the easter Weekend and will be using it again.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 08:08:14 AM »
I started my 38th year in LE in Aug. I have carried Ruger Semiautos on duty as a Deputy Sheriff.  The only Rugers I use now are for CAS.  I plan on working a couple of more years in LE.  I am a Deputy Sheriff in Fort Worth, Texas assigned to Criminal Warrants.  I do Extraditions for prisoners who are arrested out of state. I also transport local, state, and federal prisoners to court.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Sidewinder Sills

• Brush Popper
  • Active citizen
  • Work hard, play harder.....
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »
One thing I aint been doing is gettin' on to this here board enough!! Been a looong time since I logged onto CasCity. Too long for sure.

In real life I work for the city of San Antonio's Historic Preservation Office. Yep, pretty much a dream job for an American history/Old West lover.

Some of it's pretty mundane, and other times it's real interesting. One nice perk is that we have control over certain code compliance issues along River Walk. Every few months we get to float down the SA River in a park police boat and single out violators.

Other times, construction and development uncover stuff like caches of old coins, pottery, human remains, lost cemeteries, portions of the original acequia (that's the Spanish canals that distributed water from the SA River to places like the Alamo) old farmhouses, all sorts of stuff actually.

Here's an example. I had a demolition request for a home at the end of last year. After doing a few weeks of research, the determination was made to make it a designated landmark based on the architecture. The neat thing was that I was able to find census info on the family that originally had it built. Found the hand written documents from the owner and contractor from 1896 spec'ing out the details. Census info indicated that three of the kids were born on the family's way out to TX. One of them was noted as being born in the 'Indian Territories'.

We get lot's of projects that seem to be nothing on the surface, then you find historical figures or master architects or some such happened to be involved.

It's a good feeling when you discover or are able to save parts of our history, especially if it's related to the time period we fantasize about in CAS.

Sidewinder~~~~~

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 02:58:02 PM »
What a great job Sidewinder.

Closest I ever came to anything like that was being chief of maintenance in a historic hotel up here in gold country.  Current owner wouldn't give up a cent to preserve it right, but I ran across many 1850-on artifacts that deserved proper restoration.  Found an old book that tought how to reupholster original chairs, setties, an such.  Me an my help figured it out together an spent the whole time workin guessin on who might've set in em way back when.  According to the old registers, they coulda been a number of known figures in history from outlaws, writers or politicians.  Hated to leave the place, but money for the family was first in line.  The list goes on, but your gig has to be at the top of the DREAM job list.  :D

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »
Respiratory Therapist for the past 24+ years.  Now...  deep breathly!   ::)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com