Author Topic: ? on USFA Rodeo  (Read 7461 times)

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
? on USFA Rodeo
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:01:01 PM »
Just took delivery of my first USFA with 3 more on order.
My question is my new "Rodeo" as it was advertised on the auction site, but my question is that the left side of the barrel is marked "FRONTIER SIX SHOOTER 44-40", is this marking normal or an early rodeo? What can anybody tell me about it? I does have the Rodeo finish.  Thanks, Guano :-\

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: ? on USFA Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 10:06:52 AM »
Never Mind 8) I guess this is something new. I just can't find anything on it at the USFA web site. :-X

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:49:41 PM »
Guano,
Sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for.  It wasn't for lack of interest.  When I saw your question I, too, went to the USFA web site in search of an answer.  I also went through all of my old USFA catalogs but couldn't come up with anything difinitive.  I own several USFA's but, as luck would have it, no Rodeos. 
If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the markings on your gun are new - I don't recall ever seeing them on the Rodeos that I have handled.  Then again, I haven't handled all that many.
CJF
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:43:50 AM »

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 03:05:03 PM »
Capt. John Fitzgerald,
 Thanks for the response. I said never mind because I found a USFA Gunslinger on a web site that had the same markings and those are new, so I will assume that it is a fairly recent addition to the Rodeos. I've got one more Rodeo coming, so I am curious to see what markings that has. I've also got two premium models coming. ;D They are all 44-40. I'm pretty lucky to get the Rodeos in 44-40 as they have discontinued them in that caliber. Everything I have found on the Rodeos shows the caliber marking on the barrel as 44WCF. The marking on the side of the barrel of the Rodeo that I just got is very much the same as the early Colts minus the word "Colt". :D

Offline J.D. Yellowhammer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Great-great-grandaddy Mack Cullars, 1864, CSA vet.
    • Being constructed as we speak...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 11:24:08 PM »
My recently bought Gunslinger just has "45 Colt" on the barrel.

JD
Lunarian, n.  An inhabitant of the moon, as distinguished from Lunatic, one whom the moon inhabits. (Ambrose Bierce).  Which one are you?

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »
The "Frontier Six-Shooter" marking might be something that is exclusive to the 44-40 caliber.  I believe that this was the case with 1st Gen. Colts.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:48:45 PM »
Capt. John Fitzgerald, That doesn't seem to be the case as the attached photo of another Rodeo shows. I just don't know.

Offline Guano

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »
Ok, Here's a weird one! I picked up another Rodeo yesterday and I get her home and she's a consecutive # to my other Rodeo. AND the new one only has 44WCF for barrel markings. So, do I just happen to have a pair that are split by some change at the factory ???, or ?. Anybody got any theories?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 11:21:18 AM »
Could be a split or possibly two different suppliers for barrels?...Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com