Author Topic: The life and times of Belle Plain...  (Read 48800 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The life and times of Belle Plain...
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2006, 03:57:12 PM »
Will ya just hush?  The cosie needs to think he won.............

Opps.....  I mean eek.......
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
Gatherin' the ants Delmonico realizes he's out of caraway seeds fer his rye bread, or rather he was. :o ::) :P
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • "I'm ordering you to volunteer again Sgt. Tyree...
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 08:01:44 AM »
It's Monday morning in Belle Plain. A group of tents wagons, and running children mark the center of China Town. Two workmen start digging near the stakes for the new Town Hall. The bell is ringing at Belle Plain School for Young Women, and Silent Ed is sweeping the front porch of the White Elephant.

The cattle are still resting before heading toward Belle Plain. It seems kinda quiet today...

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:13:18 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 11:59:25 AM »
The Rock Salt Fella apears and he looks like he's been painted pink, never fear, that is reserved for other threads, it is just the Calomine lotion he had to put on his ant bites.

The 'ol Cosie is down by the crick again cookin' him some dinner. (It's noon Dinnertime for all normal folks.)  He hopes that fella learnet his lesson, it's a long drive to Fort Sill. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 01:03:22 PM »
<---meanwhile, back it the camp.  Borrows Wildcat Will's Trapdoor, licks 'iz thumb 'n wipes it 'cross the front sight 'n with a earth shakin' BOOM 'e shoots the old cosie's dutch oven spatterin' stuff all o'er e'erwhere.  From forty-eleben yards off.

<---wouldah used 'is own Buff gun but the gunsmiths still got it.............
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 01:29:33 PM »
Delmonico slips off into the brush with his 50-90 Sharps.  He spots the fella and from forty twenty yards, he can tell it's a borrowed rifle, a 700 gr slug is sent on it's way, smashin' the lock,stock and barrel on the trapdoor.  Now let him 'splain what happed to the borrowed rifle. ;D  Nobody'll load him so much as a used chaw a tabacky again after what happened. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 02:22:47 PM »
Hugh Mungus spins to the right when he hears the gunshot away to the west. At that moment Horis Puckie fires and Hugh ducks as he hears the second shot. His hat flys off and it hits the ground rolling. He climbs down off his horse and picks it up. In the top of the crown is a large hole and one out the back. He looks to the hills and sees a man gallop away on a horse. "Guess my hat did need some ventillatin'" he says looking at the retreating rider. He climbs back on his horse and looks to the cows, "I think I'm a bit angry at that fellah," he says frowning.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:43 PM »
Go shoot the cosie.......  I didn't hit his damned ole hat.........

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 03:11:33 PM »
<Author's Note: Must a been a rick-o-shet, them big booolets will do that. ;D  Still It's Arceys fault, he shot first.>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2006, 06:11:19 PM »
Ya heard the man.  Hoss Pucky fired second.  That's you...................

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2006, 09:28:57 AM »
Hugh Mungus finishes his shift and rides towards some smoke he see in the distance. He heads down a draw and sees a man in a Chef hat cookin' over a fire. "Mornin' sir," he says dismounting. He looks to the left and sees a rifle. "You been hunting this morning?" Hugh asks. THe Chef looks up, "Nope! Want some coffee?" Hugh sits on a rock. He looks at the ground and a spent casing nearby. Hugn knows he has his man...

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2006, 09:37:26 AM »
<---done spent most ah the night wit duct tape, chewin' gum 'n wire puttin' Will's Trapdoor back tagether.

Lookin' down it the Cosie's camp in the mornin' light, wants a target ta check the sightin', 'e spies the meetin'.  Decides ta watch awhile figgerin' it would tick the ole cosie off real bad if he had ta save 'im.......

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »
I didn't have to do no huntin', the prey came to me, ya might want to step back a bit, there is a fella up there forty eleven yards away that I had to shoot at yesterday.  He commited an un-pardinable sin, he shot one a my dutch ovens.  I shot his rifle, but he might have gotten another rifle.  I think he's tryin to shoot me, but he is such a lousy shot he got my oven.  Heck he might hit you or yer horse shootin' at me.

Up in Newbrassky where I'm from they hang a man fer shootin' dutch ovens, do they do that in Texas? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 11:21:19 AM »
Hugh Mungus looks out in the distance and sees the glint of a gun barrel. Horsie Puckie has a bead on Arcey, while Arcey has his rifle pointed in the general direction of the two men. Where is Wildcat Will when you need him?

In town folks are arriving for the Poker Championship at the White Elephant...

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 11:32:57 AM »
There is a large blast and the smell of sulpher, a 700 gr booolet smashes into the trapdoor again and undoes all the mans work. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2006, 12:57:24 PM »
It shot left ennyways.  Don't know whutelse but left ya kin expect from a rifle from Masseychewsits.......

<---disappears inta the thickets........

Offline LazyK Pejay

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2006, 02:38:10 PM »
Horsie Puckie shouts "Damn! Who is that wierd guy duckin into the bushes?" He puts his rifle down and goes to his horse and heads toward the bushes. In town some members of the Longbranch arrive on the stage for the Poker Championship. There are banners and free food on the boardwalk. Big times in Belle Plain!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2006, 05:50:35 PM »
Delmonico says, "That is the fellar that rock salted me and then shot my dutch oven.  I'd thought he'd learn't his lesson or I'd let the ants pick his bones clean."  Delmonico fires another 700 gr bullet that lands right 'tween the fellars feet, sending an showor of dirt and gravel straight up with some force. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2006, 05:56:08 PM »
And that shot was from fifty twelve yards away. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Wildcat Will

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2006, 06:52:38 PM »
What with all the shootin goin on Will decides it time.  Hoss dun shot up his trapdoor and dar just comes a time when a man gotta do what a man gotta do. 

Will leaps on his horse Smokey, waves  Adios to He Who Farts Loudly in the Woods.  Holding the reins in his teeth he pulls both pistolas and shouts "Fill yor hands you son of a $%#@$!"

Racin' at full speed he starts lettin loose in the direction of the crazy of gizzer what shot his rifle.   Boolets wiz though the air around Hoss hittin' fry pans, grazin his chin and left ear. 

Mite and his gang looks up and sees Will racin in an angle away from him with both guns ablazin.  "Come on men lets git outta here.  Will is on a rampage again.  I escaped with a scar the last time and I sure don't want to mess wit him agin!"

Will empties the pistols and with no effort opens the Schofields and reloads like lightin and starts a shootin agin.  This time the ole gizers pistols are the target along with that darn 50-70.
Smoke makin', fire belching gunfighter of the VA Fire and Brimestone Posse    Blackpowder or No powder!

Courage is being scare as heck and still getting in the saddle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com