Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

Inspector Series production numbers?

(1/4) > >>

LonesomePigeon:
The recent thread showing an Ainsworth apparently selling for $3950 really got me wondering how many of these Inspector Series guns were made. I think there were 4 basic models, the Nettleton, the Ainsworth, the Custer Battlefield and an Artillery. Was it dozens, hundreds or thousands? Just a rough estimate for each model would be nice.

Buckaroo Lou:
I don't think the Custer Battlefield Gun was actually a Government Insector Series model but was a model all its on. The four Insector Series Guns were Henry Nettleton, Orville Ainsworth, David Clark, and Rinaldo Carr, and you could get them in either the cavalry (7 1/2") or the artillary (5 1/2") model. I have never seen either a Clark or Carr model and I have seen only the one Ainsworth model that I posted about.

Gary Granger could sure shed some light on this subject.

Coffinmaker:

I would think, and would hope, the seller did not actually realize that $3950 asking price.  I realize there are people with more disposable funds than brains, but that was/is an insane asking price.

I have no real input for the OP.  No interest in collecting USFA.

Advertising:

Tascosa Joe:
I had a Custer Battlefield.  It was an Ainsworth.  I sold it to a friend 10 yrs ago.

Black_Talon:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on February 20, 2023, 09:07:20 AM ---I would think, and would hope, the seller did not actually realize that $3950 asking price.  I realize there are people with more disposable funds than brains, but that was/is an insane asking price.

I have no real input for the OP.  No interest in collecting USFA.

--- End quote ---

How about this Nettleton at $5580 with 5 hours to go. Am I missing something here?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/973973173

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version