Author Topic: Third annual Department of the Platte muster - without adult supervision  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Here in Craig, Colorado we have just completed our third annual Department of the Platte muster.  Drydock and Pitspitr were unable to join us this time around so we went forward without benefit of "adult supervision".  We did three Victorian era skirmishes, long range rifle, precision pistol, one expansion era skirmish and our "trademark" partners shoot.  We had seven shooters, all from Colorado, and a good time was had by all.  Our skirmish terrain is natural, unimproved and rough.  In keeping with our tradition, as expressed by Drydock, our targets (all must hit) weren't necessarily hard to hit, but they were often hard to find.  We set up on Friday and shot on Saturday and Sunday, finishing about 1100 on Sunday.  Everyone had a good time and we are looking forward to 2021.  A more complete report will soon be presented in the appropriate location.

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
I regret missing this.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Sounds great!  I need to try to make that one sometime.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Advertising

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I regret missing this.
+1

I had really looked forward to bringing a couple of modern rifles to play with after the Victorian long range was done. I'd have liked to try them out on someone else's range.

And yes, Niederlander, you do need to go to this one someday. You won't regret attending!
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
Hi

I really wanted to attend, but the 14 plus hour drive made me decide not to go.  That and the 157000 mile Subaru together said no.

Later
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline greyhawk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
Hi

I really wanted to attend, but the 14 plus hour drive made me decide not to go.  That and the 157000 mile Subaru together said no.

Later

not fair blaming the Subaru !! ;D its just run in ..I put 500,000km on one and the "new" one has 260,000km on and just started 

Offline 1961MJS

• Top Active Citizen
  • GAF #: 797
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 32
not fair blaming the Subaru !! ;D its just run in ..I put 500,000km on one and the "new" one has 260,000km on and just started

Yep, I loved the 2007 Outback, it had 198000 before the Drive belt broke at the I-55 / I-70 interchange just North of StL.  I like the Forester quite a bit, but I need new tires and haven't bothered yet.  I won't be buying another one though because it has that Eye Sight self driving deal that apparently you have to turn off every time you turn the key.  From Forester.org, turning it off is NOT easy and you have to do it EVERY TIME you turn the thing on.  I won't drive a car that doesn't trust me to drive it.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming!!!
Mike
BOSS #230

Brevet Lieutenant Colonel
Division of Oklahoma

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Hi

Later

We'll look for you next year!

Offline cpt dan blodgett

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS Conv 2013
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Sorry the calendar just did not work out right this year.  Hope next year works better.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Sorry the calendar just did not work out right this year.  Hope next year works better.

We'll look for you next year!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com