Author Topic: SASS wire Forum fauxpa  (Read 12242 times)

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
Re: SASS wire Forum fauxpa
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2020, 07:25:03 PM »
I?ve gotta old shotgun coming too. A gussied up Model 17 Marlin 12 ga pump. My first non takedown model. I probably will need to use my shorty shells as it?s chamber has more than likely not been lengthened.

Guys, I started this thread after an interesting experience at the sass wire. Can we call this one quits and agree to disagree. Last thing that I wanted was to create hard feelings here at cascity.

You got it pard! 8)
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »

Hey Guys.  I have an almost Brandy Knew Pietta Hammer Double on the Cason.  Rolling my way.  I say almost Brandy Knew as it hasn't been fired, but it has made the "circuit" of Manufacturer, Dealer and Shot Show as a Sample Example.  Probably been opened and closed a thousand times (a good thing).  Nickel frame, dark wood, checkered wrist and fore arm.  Should be a nifty "one off."  Can't wait (except I have too).  Yum Yum

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »
Hmmmmmm  .. oughta be "pre-smoothed " for ya!! Means, a little less work!!
  Nice going CM!!

Thuther Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Advertising

« Reply #83 on: Today at 05:49:18 PM »

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2020, 08:12:13 PM »
BTW, is Major 2 still with us?  Figgered he'd ah  "named that tune" by now!!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »
sorry I thought I was to bow out ?   ;D

Kenny Rogers sang the "Gambler"

I don't recall it was quote in his Gambler film series..,

congrats on the SXS, Mike...send the photos and Ill post thme for you
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2020, 09:04:06 PM »
sorry I thought I was to bow out ?   ;D

Kenny Rogers sang the "Gambler"

I don't recall it was quote in his Gambler film series..,

Heck no!! Just joshin!! Heck, ya got the other one so fast and then turned around and got one when nobody was lookin!!   ;D  (just my excuse fer missing the dang thing!)

Wash dem hands have a safe weekend!

Mike

www.goonsgunworks.com

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1217
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2020, 10:09:59 PM »
Coffinmaker, I look forward to your review of that shotgun.  You will need to take some good pictures and send them so someone to post.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2020, 03:19:47 AM »
No bigoli  ;D
was just lightening up the mood some  :)  Trivia can be fun ...

someone getting a new (to them ) pew pew is a lot more fun  ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2020, 07:17:34 AM »
Hey Guys.  I have an almost Brandy Knew Pietta Hammer Double on the Cason.  Rolling my way.  I say almost Brandy Knew as it hasn't been fired, but it has made the "circuit" of Manufacturer, Dealer and Shot Show as a Sample Example.  Probably been opened and closed a thousand times (a good thing).  Nickel frame, dark wood, checkered wrist and fore arm.  Should be a nifty "one off."  Can't wait (except I have too).  Yum Yum

Nice!! 8)
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline FriscoCounty

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 83712
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2020, 02:17:02 PM »
Virus:
avoid crowds
wash hands often
use alcohol based cleaners
wear a mask if you really really need/want to.
     guess what the common surgical masks are N95 and work just fine.
     you don;t need a positive pressure helmet or even a completely  tight seal around your face,
     you are trying to guard against a temporary cloud of microscopic droplets coming STRAIGHT AT YOURT FACE,
     the cloud disperses quickly, and the little devils are NOT trying to cl;aw their way into your body like ticks or fleas.

Above All,  Be Nice and Don't Panic.

----
Oh My yes, the deadly Marlin shotgun....

I have one. Grandpas shotgun. Some dweeb scratched crap into it and "embelished' by carving what is supposed to be a duck and a skull and crossbones
into the side of the buttstock. Turns out it is one step down from the "premium" grade. On the good side, whislt cleaning the gunk off I  found the prior
owners lightly scratched his name on the side, and I tracked them down to a Chicago suburb from the pre- WW2 census!

Fortunately, I found a complete spare barrel/mag tube, complete buttstock, and spare firing pin on flea bay and I am in the process of restoring it.
It always shot light loads fine for us, nad frankly I think the 1897's that can slam fire are no more safer....  but opinions may vary - and Maurader has a great website all
about it.  :-)

yhs
prof marvel

- Wash hands with soap and water, all over, for 20 seconds.  Dry with clean towel or cloth.
- If soap and water are not available, you can use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% (120 proof) alcohol.  Again, rub all over hands - front, back, between fingers.  Continue until dry.  Do not use towel to dry hands.
- If hands are dirty or oily, hand sanitizer is not effective.
- If you follow proper hand washing protocols, latex gloves are not necessary.  If you don't, they won't help.

- In the lab n95 masks work better than surgical masks, in practice (even in hospitals) they don't.  A properly fitted n95 mask is uncomfortable and restricts breathing. (Note: n95 masks are not effective for oils.  Coronavirus have a lipid (oil) covering.  This is why soap and alcohol are effective).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4868605/

- The use of masks AND hand cleanliness is necessary to reduce infection by the general public.  It does not eliminate the risk of infection, however.
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0029744

- The strict use of masks and respirators by the general public can reduce infection, but the difference between surgical masks and n95 respirators is not not significant.  Strict compliance by the general public is a problem, as such, the use of masks is not seen as better than not using them.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971208010084

For most people the cottage industry, reusable, washable, cloth masks will work just fine and will save the medical grade surgical masks and respirators for the healthcare industry and the industrial respirators for people in essential jobs who need them to work safely, like agriculture and industries.  Remember, the main purpose of masks is to keep from spreading the disease, not protecting you from catching it (The same is true in hospitals). 

Even cooler than cloth masks are bandannas.  They will cover the nose, mouth and side of face.

Finally, as Professor Marvel says: Be nice and don't panic.
NRA Life Benefactor, CRPA Life, SASS Life 83712, RO I, Hiram Ranger 48, Coyote Valley Sharpshooters, Coyote Valley Cowboys, SASS TG

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2020, 05:44:48 PM »
California is closing gun shops as non-essential?  Gee, they finally got an excuse!  So far Colorado hasn't done that, as far as I know this afternoon.  But, I don't need no stinkin' gun shops! What do I need with a(nother) gun?  I only got two hands!  ;)
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Online Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1217
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »
Governor Abbott says Texas gunshops are essential.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com