Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1272886 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« on: February 27, 2008, 03:00:58 PM »
Just looked at the entry list for the Las Vegas NNS race for Saturday. Bad news for the field. Both Stewart and baby Busch are in JGR cars.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
Seems those Toyos have found some extra horses. At least one team of them is getting their act together. Doesn't look like they're sharing much with Mike Waltrip though..............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:27:18 PM »
Word was Gibbs’ personnel set up the front ends of the three MWR cars at Daytona. But do they have the time to nurse-maid Mikey everywhere?

I’m hearing the power is from in-house motors at Gibbs while the rest use crate motors from TRD.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:04:06 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »
where's the beer?....You got me looking in here at least you could slide me a cold one ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:01:03 PM »
They Dynod The Toyo engines and they are producing 10 more HP than the other brands. It's all about cylinder heads and valves.  That's why Ford is always at a disadvantage. Until the Toyos came along, Chevy had the best cylinder heads and valves.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:03 AM »
Dunno cause I ain’t never laid hand nor eye on either but I’ve read the Toyota is almost a carbon copy of the Dodge engine from the top down.

Ford heads, for some stupid reason, have always had tiny ports. Not enough meat to open ‘em up. They build two good sets in the Boss ‘n Cleveland – then discontinue the things.

Rooster, I thought you were bringin’ the beer.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
no I got the steaks....
Mathew 5.9

Offline Missouri Marshal

• Top Active Citizen
    • Missouri Marshal's Cowboy Action Shooting Homestead
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
I don't know nuthin about NASCAR but the Toyota V8 is the most powerful gas truck engine on the market.

Dodge 5.7L HEMI - 345hp with 375fp torq.
Chevy 6.0L Vortec MAX = 367hp with 375fp torq.
Ford 5.4L Triton = 300hp with 365fp torq, the V10 Triton only makes 362hp but does make 457fp torque
Toyota 5.7L IForce = 381hp with 401fp torq.
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 09:49:02 AM »
Apples ‘n oranges cousin. Ain’t neither of ‘em racin’ has ever seen the street. They racin’ motors from the werd go. Kinda like a 190 HP in a 3100 pound truck with a real stiff suspension myself.

The Ford is based on a 351. Heads cast off a set of hand built ones by Robert Yates. That’s what cousin Carl was runnin’ Monday. Yates know how ‘n Jack’s money.

The Chevrolet is engineer designed from the ’55 265.

Chrysler’s thing never was, Toyota’s either. Built from scratch.

Ya bring the charcoal, Rooster? I’ll go get the Bud Light. Long necks.

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 06:13:59 PM »
Oh, Mabel!  Black Mabel!!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
Arcey,  I got a 24 pack in my other fridge.  You are right about those Ford heads.  Dad was a Ford man all the way, he was service manager at our Ford dealer from 53 to 57. He still liked Flatheads.  He built me a 53 Merc engine that I put an old 52 Ford 2 door Wagon.  It was a sleeper. It had Eldebrock heads and a Eldebrock 2 carb intake.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »
When the old man passed I had to clean out everything so I could sell the house. Found a cardboard box in the rafters in that little shack he called a garage. Had a pair of Offenhauser heads and an intake for two singles for a flathead. He sold the modified, 97, when I was born, don’t know why he kept ‘em.

Then again, I gottah pair of finned aluminum Cobra valve covers, an Offenhauser four barrel intake ‘n a Mallory distributor for a 289 in a cardboard box in the attic. Took ‘em off my first convertible before I sold it. I’ve lugged ‘em to two apartments and three houses. Always thought I’d build me a hot rod ‘n I’d want ‘em.

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »
 ;D  don't ya just hate packing around them auto parts   ;D   got a stock 396/375 hp chevy engine out in the well house that I've been packing since 1988,  keep thinking one of these days.  got the 67 Chevelle it came out of, been packing it too.
when we moved over here to Arkansas, I sold off a 57 Chevy and a 72 Corvette, but packed the Chevelle with me. course I've owned the Chevelle since 1983,

another one of them projects ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 02:37:27 AM »
Them cars is habit formin.  Dad was a self taught mechanic.  He built a wrecker and started a wrecking yard when he came back from WWII.  I was born about a year or so later. In 53 he went to work for the Ford dealer at home. He stayed there till 57.  He went to Omaha to Inland Radiator and learned how to repair radiators. He did that until 70, when he was elected Sheriff. We kept the Garage and Radiator shop until he passed away in 78.  I inherited 2 57 Ford Rancheros, a 59 Ranchero, and a 63 Ford Country Sedan that has been in our family since Oct.of 62. Maybe someday I'll have enough time and money to restore two of the Rancheros and the 63 Ford.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2008, 06:55:27 AM »
I agree, the Fords have always had breathing problems with the Windsor heads. My favorite engine to tinker with was the 289, though. Had two Mustangs that I "masssaged" a little over the years. Nothing overly drastic, dual exhausts, dual point centrifical advance distributors( one original Ford, the other ACCEL), some rear end gears, 500CFM Holley racing two barrels with manual chokes( these were somewhat bigger than the standard factory four barrels of the time), some timing adjustments, and in one a B&M shift kit( dang thing would get rubber in first and shifting into second under the whip! ::) ;D)These mods would wake up the Windsor's some, let them breathe easier/deeper and still made them streetable and not too hard on gas as long as you behaved yourself ::) During that period I was raising the kids so had to keep things fairly economical.....................Buck 8) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2008, 01:23:37 PM »
Fun times, Buck.

Boys, I wish I knew what to do with the Thunderbird. A fact is a fact. I ain’t gonna show it no more. The old man was a depression era kid who lost his daddy to pneumonia at age 11. Grew up poor. He paid cash, in full, for that car on November 13th, ’64. It meant a lot to him. Sometimes I think it best to have it crushed. Thought about sellin’ it to someone who’d enjoy it. Preserve the history. Just don’t know I want someone else ownin’ the thing.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
Well Arcey, guess yer plannin a long and prosperous life fer this topic mentionin football and all.  I imagine the racin an the beer will keep us entertained until the next coin toss  ;D

I have always been a MOPAR guy.  Chrysler designs have been immitated over and over again because of the extream engineerin that Lee was always willin to pay for from the motors to the body styles.  I did spend a summer helpin an old boy hot rod a 65 twin I beam Ford step side--learned alot bout racin motors.  It was a decked 429 an when we were done he took a picture of the dash out in the dessert with the speedo readin 100 and the tack at 6000.  Not too shabby for a two bolt big block.
This guy was a Ford nut, the kind that's embarrasin to be with at a swap meet.  He'd walk up an down the isles yellin how all the Chevy guys had takin over and ruint everthin.  All that aside, I sure learned alot bout motors an racin from ol Geno.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
A few of us like ta shoot the bull with beer, racin’ ‘n football. Thought we’d have a place ta go ‘n not bother the others with it this way. Werse it can do is die.

Hang ‘round.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »
Be sure to an thanks for the invite.
     Hope you don't mind some silver bullets in that cooler.
Forgot to mention, that 460/429 build was pullin a loaded U-Haul trailer when the ol guy took the pic.  I 'magine the turbo 400 with the 411's in back didn't hurt none.   ;)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2008, 05:44:23 AM »
Arcey,  I feel that way about that 63 wagon.  Dad and I rebult the motor when I was in college in 69.  It was one of the show cars in 63.  He special ordered it with a 3 speed and overdrive.  We rebult the motor at 118,000 miles.  We changed intakes and put a Carter AFB from a 430 Lincoln and a Poleese Interceptor cam in it.  I got a big block chrome dress up kit for it and painted the engine black.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com