Author Topic: Packin' in and sleepin' out  (Read 4334 times)

Offline Tascosa

• Very Active Citizen
  • Amarillo, Texas-The heart of cattle country
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Packin' in and sleepin' out
« on: July 15, 2004, 03:21:10 PM »
Howdy y'all. We're pert near packed. My two sons and I are fixin to take our horses to the mountains of NM in a few days. A saddle pard of mine from Albuquerque and I have been a makin' this trip for 15 years. The last 10 years we've been going to Carson National Forest. We'll have 5 days of sittin' around, drinkin' beer, eating unhealthy food like steaks, thick, lots of drippin' fat and cooked RARE! Oh did I mention drinkin' beer? I jest finished one of my sons new belt and holster to wear up there as we sit around the camp fire and swap tall tales..Shoot, we're from Texas, what'd ya'll expect!! And I will be sure to honor y'all be having a beer or two for ya. Now tell me did ya ever meet a more generous cowboy than me???
Heck I'm starting to hate this trip already... no 'honey do's', no one saying, "sweetheart didn't you just finish a beeer?" and no one to say, "You aren't going to cook on th at dirty grill are you?"
See what I mean..I'll be sooooooooo lonesome I don't know how I'll stand it for 5 days......... 
See ya'all when I get back.......
Tacosa
PS I might even ride my horse a little
Ex-feedlot cowboy (ret)
Ex-cowboy (ret)
Ex-Sheriff's Sgt. (ret)
Ex-Chief of Police (ret)
BOLD 476

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
Re: Packin' in and sleepin' out
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 03:25:23 PM »
Sounds like you will have a great time. See ya when ya get back. I expect pictures.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline wruthless

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:08:19 PM »
Sounds like my favorite type of get away wished I could go to.  Have a great time.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:31:53 AM »

Offline FloraBama Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Florida Bordertown
    • Panhandle Cowboys
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 08:02:32 PM »
Green with envy!!!!

I have a pard in Colorado who is a retired outfitters and he took me up into the mountains a couple of years back. What a great time; trail riding, camping, fresh air, COLD Mountain water.. :o

Have a great time pard.
~~~SASS# 54776~~~ BOLD# 568~~~

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 03:19:18 PM »
Sounds like fun but how do you keep your beer cold? ???
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 06:45:32 PM »
Tascosa, Should I explain the term "rodeo" cool to her ?   I didn't know what cold beer was until I got out of the army.  A CO2 fire extinguisher works pretty good if you don't have ice. :) ;) ;D 8) ??? ::)
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 07:31:40 PM »
Tascosa, Should I explain the term "rodeo" cool to her ? 

Yes, please do.  :)
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Big Hext Finnigan

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 10:01:37 AM »
You can't leave Texas when all the thermometers are just getting settled in at 100.  That ain't right! ;)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 03:46:56 AM »
It means that it is not cold but not too hot.Its been in the cooler all day during the roping and the ice has melted and the water has gotten warm.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 03:13:21 PM »
It means that it is not cold but not too hot.Its been in the cooler all day during the roping and the ice has melted and the water has gotten warm.

Shoooo....I like my beer very cold.  That's ok though.  Now I wanna know how he keeps all them steaks from spoilin'.  ;D
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com