Author Topic: Pietta Old Silver Engraved 58  (Read 2328 times)

Alabama

Pietta Old Silver Engraved 58
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:59:04 PM »
This is one of my 58 Pietta Old Silver Engraved Models . 2008 Production . Custom Birdseye Maple grips by me .
Probably Piettas finest pistol work except of course for the Mighty LeMat wich is nicer than this model in finish , but not by far .
The engraving on this model is very nicely done , clear , precise and allot of it as you can see . The backstrap and trigger guard are also done up nicely with engraving too .
Blueing is dark and rich , very few milling marks , pollished nicely .
Trigger pull is crisp and no creep . Odd for Pietta but the Lemat and Old Silver are much more refined . You get what you pay for I guess .  Have yet to shoot this one . The other one I have is shot but not much , and it shoots well .
They are around $500 now , a bit more depending where you get them . First one I bought was $375 several years ago , so supply and demand and the economy has drivven up the nicer Piettas .
Timing is perfect on this one and the other one . Both have Taylors conversion cylinders from R and D in 45 LC .

Enjoy and buy one today if you can find one . Taylors is out , and Dixie wants an ungodly amount to get one special order .

Alabama

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com