Author Topic: hello out there  (Read 704 times)

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
hello out there
« on: February 01, 2023, 06:00:40 PM »
It's  quiet too quiet here, but not in Bunk's Bunker my solid concrete work shop.
Casting bullets for the .375" .38 Colt. the Eras Gone Colt cartridge Works bullet 126 grain bullet pushed by with 8 grains of FFFg is a power house load...really
Casting 480 grain ring tail bullets with a Moose Moulds set of blocks. Boy does that ever at up lead at the rate of about 14 to the pound.
And when this lousy cold wet nasty weather the Yankees shoved down here into Central Texas clears up they will all be sent down range.
Now pardners what are all YOU doing for God, Country, and burning Gunpowder?
I can't do this alone
Hold center ( when the weather clears)
HIT IT!
Bunk

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: hello out there
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 09:08:04 AM »
Out here on the west edge of the Texas Panhandle, all the nasty stuff started about 25 miles east of us.  No nasty roads, ice, or snow just darn cold.  Have been recovering from COVID every since the day after Christmas and yesterday was the first day I have felt well enough to do anything.  I have Masonic Lodge tonight.  Hopefully, I will get something done tomorrow or Saturday.  I have been working on having a NCOWS shoot out here sometime in the next couple of weeks or so.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 572
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:36:22 AM »
I just recently cast some 200 grain .452 round flat point. In the process of sizing and lubing. I learned that if the lubri-sizer has been just setting on the shelf for a couple of years, the spg lube has a tendency to become a little balky. A heat gun convinced it otherwise.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:25:24 PM »

Offline Roosterman

• Top Active Citizen
    • Muzzleloading guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 02:15:36 PM »
loaded up a few 38-55 rounds today for a new to me Ollie Winchester commemorative '94. Never cared for the engraving on the commemoratives, but the price was right on this one, and it's a Winchester made gun. Somebody did a nice job of slicking it up and lightening the trigger pull too. Unfortunately, it has been drilled and tapped for a scope....but that may end up being a good thing? ;)
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 04:30:51 PM »
Just started my hand at holster making. Going slow and watching a lot of how to videos. I can already see how I could do things a bit better next time. That's OK, I'm enjoying it.
Usually this time of year I would be loading all my black powder cartridges for the up coming Cowboy season, but I have gotten ahead of myself and probably have enough already for the next two seasons. My wife is threatening to start Cowboy shooting again so that supply will go quickly.
Even have a pile of paper cartridges in .36 and .44 for the percussion pistols that see some use ay Cowboy matches. Instead of being a retired teacher, I probably should have gotten a job at Frankford Arsenal or somewhere as I enjoy crafting ammo, especially in the Old West calibers. Also have a couple new molds to try out as soon as the weather improves as I have to cast outdoors.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com