CAS TOPICS > Shooter's Meeting

What is up with SASS

(1/12) > >>

T J B:
 Dues are now 65.00 and all the talk points to trouble ahead

Trailrider:
SASS is suffering from what can be a problem for us all: violation of Moelmann's Law..."When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep will be your downfall!"  The problem is that when you try to hold off raising dues for ten years, and then try to recover all at once, the results can create problems all their own.  Going from $45 to $65 is going to create problems for some annual members operating on fixed or reduced incomes. That will result in some folks dropping out. It probably won't be fatal to SASS, but it won't do them any good in the growth department.

I will probably renew when the time comes, but it will be a decision when the time comes.  I have seen non-for-profit organizations that tried to do the same thing, and in the end it was badly counterproductive. But their situation was quite different. Hoping for the best...

John Smith:
TJB, I think it is throughly discussed on the SASS wire, several pinned posts.

Advertising:

LT Col Long:
Gents, my 2 cents;
And affiliation used to be free.  Key words "used to be", and they are past tense.  Now affiliation will cost a club $100.00 per year to be a SASS affiliated club.  My club is just going to LOVE hearing that!

In service,

LtCol Long

wildman1:
That depends on what percentage of SASS members your CAS club has. If it is 100% the club pays NOTHING. wM1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version