Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 123667 times)

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:05 AM »
Thought I'd set up the first pot of the month since I am here.  Enjoy.

We're still slogging along, still able to get vertical in the mornings, so I s'pose we're golden.  Been a weather milieu out here in the hot, dry desert, warm for a few days, theb turning off chill to cold - cold being a relative term, here.  Rained today, and supposed to do so again tomorrow, just the day for the season opener for Granddaughter Bella's softball league; hope they don't get rained out, the "Dirtbags" are scheduled for a double header in the afternoon/evening.  Noe, that team name is sort of shocking when one first hears it, but I ga-ron-tee you it is a team maker, not only for the girls, but the parents, too.  And it works; these kids started as a mid season team last season, with only a few of the twelve having any softball experience, but some really good, dedicated coaches, and this season, they are shaping up to be contenders.  It is quite heartening to see these nine, ten, and eleven year old girls go from a keystone cops act to a real baseball team that plays quite well.  Making sure Bella gets to the places she needs to be, and just being there myself is keeping me pretty busy; her Dad is on the road again, and her Mom works some pretty long hours, so Grandpa gets to be a chauffeur and general gofer.

Since last September, I have been going to classes for my Amateur Radio License. Got my Technician Class and call sign (KG7GMW) in November, and just finished up the study group for the General Class, and will take that exam when I can get a "first Saturday" free.

Anyhow, not much going on here, just business as usual.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:17:50 AM »
Thanks ..and pass the cups ...

I'm headed out to our 2nd NCOWS shoot of the year, nice day for it , expect low 70's & clear.
I'm gonna shift my normal armament, and rather that my Type II & my 73 lever, I'll use my Remington conversion & Henry just for spice of life of it  :P

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 07:09:07 AM »
Mornin, thanks for the coffee. Horses and dogs fed and horses out on the pasture, time to make some people food.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:56:52 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 07:15:09 AM »
Mornin’.

37° ‘n mostly cloudy with a high near 46°. Northeast wind 3 to 8 mph.

Feels like February. If the guessers hit it right it ain’t done yet either.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 07:47:51 AM »
We're in the bullseye for 3-6 inches.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:02:38 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Hairy.

Got 2" of white yesterday.
'Tis 7 and overcast.WC -6. "Mostly cloudy. Light snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the middle teens. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 08:05:28 AM »
Cold here- blizzard warning still in effect- snow forecasted till Late Monday.

I friend told me last nite near Williston ND they were reporting -32° with wind chills -61°
Schools were open.

Avalanche in one of the Missoula neighbors hoods yesterday afternoon had rescue crews working late last night. 3 people were eventually rescued. One who was trapped for over 3 hours.

Morning news showed them blasting snow in Washington state yesterday.

Will clean the walk off and refill the beggers feeders- no range today

Thanks for the coffee Hairy One
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »
Mornin Y'all, only 19 days until Spring... ;D ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
Mornin Y'all, only 19 days until Spring... ;D ;D ;D

Wouldn't think so looking out my window. Cold & snowy morning. Slept in this morning & didn't make it up till he dogs wanted out for the second time. They chased a big herd I Chinese chickens out of the yard & came back in to get the floor wet shakin off snow.

Made a trip to Ogallala after school yesterday for some supplies. Weren't really out of anything but the Wife had a Shopco coupon burning a hole in her pocket.  At least she won't have a reason to go anywhere till Monday morning.  Had a sammich from Arbeys on the way home. Watched a couple episodes of Deadwood in bed & that's the last I remember till after 07:00.

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 10:41:58 AM »
On the way to San Diego for a tour of the U. S. S. Ronald Reagan, courtesy of my daughter's Carnegie Mell alumni association.  She and her hubby got us included on their nickel.

Two weeks from today I'll be 72 years old and in Prescott, AZ looking for a house to buy.

Life ain't perfect but it'd mighty good.   8)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 11:45:01 AM »
On the way to San Diego for a tour of the U. S. S. Ronald Reagan, courtesy of my daughter's Carnegie Mell alumni association.  She and her hubby got us included on their nickel.

Two weeks from today I'll be 72 years old and in Prescott, AZ looking for a house to buy.

Life ain't perfect but it'd mighty good.   8)

Unless you post photo's this was said for no reason other than to rub it in. I wish I could get a tour of it enjoy the day
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 11:58:32 AM »
Afternoon, all ;)

Had grands last night, so had to wait on this thing. Have a Winter Storm Watch up starting later this evening through Monday. Might be looking at 5-8" by the time it's done. Might have some alternate precip with it ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »
Happy new month, y'all.

Pertaining to the weather, we are cloudy with a high in the 50's, perhaps some precip later. 

Might go make some noise out of a Winchester, but not looking like it.

El Peludo, Congrats on the ticket.  I got my General, KI6WAT.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 02:44:20 PM »
We all slept in this morning. Thanks for the Cawffee. I had some toast with it. No plans for lunch and supper is a question mark? It is in the 70 s today. The cold front comes through on Sunday and hangs around till midweek. Victoria had a good run at the park and she is napping at my feet.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
Good on ya, Forty.

Stay close ta the guide. Had the tour of the Stennis before she went to the left side. I’d gotten separated I’d prolly still been on it.

Enjoy yerownself.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 03:19:18 PM »
I have not been on a modern carrier. I toured the Lexington at Corpus Christi.  A tour of one of the atomic powered carriers would be neat. The Lexington is an Essex class carrier, which is small compared to a Nimitz class carrier. I got to take a tour of the Nautilus at the Submarine Museum in Groton, Connecticut. I could see them building new subs there as well. I want to go to Charleston SC and take tours of ships that are open for tours, especially the Yorktown.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »
Patriot’s Point is on my list. Prolly take me two days ta get there tho. Someday.

Caught one of the birds when it weren’t lookin’. It’s the speck to the left of center atop the transmission tower, an adult American Bald Eagle. The binoculars got me a lot closer’n this cell phone shot. Still was on the wrong side ta catch a look at the bands. Don’t know if it was HK or his significant other. Know damned well if I spend a bundle on camera equipment I ain't never gonna see either of 'em again.........

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 05:04:55 PM »
I've been on the Yorktown CV10 , Alabama BB60 (also the USS Drum The oldest Gato-class, WWII-era museum submarine in the world! Located at Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama )  & the Texas BB35 Dreadnought at San Jacinto.
Loved the all....
I watched a Sail Baltimore Tall Ship Parade from the USS Constellation, (commissioned in 1855) now that was something  :)

Shot miserably today...  ::)   
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
At least you shot,M2 ::)

The Drum must've been commissioned before the Cod, then. Cod is still in her WW II trim, no extra access has been cut into her. She also has one of the two working Torpedo Data Computers on board.Am fionishing up rereading "Submarine!" by Edward Beach.I'd love to be able to walk the decks of the Constitution some day, and go through the North Carolina. A trip to Pearl would be nice as well( fat chance on that one) ::)

Stu, You were right on. It's a Lark Bunting, been back twice since you told me ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2014, 06:16:55 PM »
I have toured the Drum and the Battlewagon, Alabama on Mobile Bay. The Texas is moored near where the Battle of San Jacinto occurred. The Missouri had not arrived at Pearl when we were there. My wife has a cousin on the Arizona.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com