Author Topic: 2 USFA NIB ALL USA GUNS  (Read 3376 times)

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
2 USFA NIB ALL USA GUNS
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »
I got 2 USFA NIB all USA Guns I was thinking to have the Hammers Case Colored by Classic Guns in IL, he just 10 miles away. the cost would be $50 a Hammer. In the opinion of the experts here would this devalue the guns, since it is marked on the boxes shinning hammers. Thanks

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: 2 USFA NIB ALL USA GUNS
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:57:59 PM »

Depends.  If you acquired the guns as an "investment" .... Modifying them other than "as stated" could well have a detrimental effect on future sales potential/price.  I'd leave them alone in that case.

If you acquired them as shooters and plan to shoot them on a regular basis, having the hammers CCH would have little if any effect.  As shooters, however, you may well find polished hammers to have less parasitic drag and actually run some smoother.

Your call of course.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 12:56:27 AM »
Won't change the value any if at all.  If it does it would only be a slight bump.  I won't be detract on the value.  Classic Guns did a little work for USFA back in the day.  But.....of the dozens of USFA guns I have inspected never, ever seen a box with a notation on how the hammers were finished.  Even the lowly Rodeo   often as not came with color cased hammers.

Doubt you'll ever get your money back adding color to your hammers but if you bought the guns new you'll already made good profit.  I'd do it.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:54:30 AM »

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 12:41:50 PM »
Thanks for input. What am I getting from the responses that if I decide to case color the hammers it would slightly decrease the value or slightly increase the value. 

As I remember, case color hammers were choice, is that correct, I do not thinks there was charge for it, but you had to specify, that was right before they closed. When did the lady stop answering the phone? I think it near the end of 2011. I got an email saying that they had a special going on, for a less $1000.00 you could get a second cylinder free, if your ordered now. It was around Christmas, tried calling no answer. Am I correct.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
I've bought and sold dozens of 2nd hand USFA guns.  You'll not decrease the value of the guns even using Classic guns to do the colors.   They are good but they are not Turnbull colors.  There is a difference.  A very few will know or notice a difference.

Close enough.
USFA closed the doors in 2011.   Gary Granger was the guy answering the phone..... 

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 06:13:48 PM »
I believe USFA did charge an upcharge for CC hammers. I think I remember seeing it in their catalogue. If I remember correctly it was like a $100 option for the CC hammer vs the non CC hammer on the premium revolver.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 06:32:09 PM »
$50 for the CC per hammer.   But they also gave many of them away fitted to the guns at no charge.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com