Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

S&W single actions and leather

<< < (3/5) > >>

Crossdrawnj:
The Uberti Frontier model has been discontinued.

Major 2:
That is unfortunate, arguable the best looking of the #3's

I bought one 11 years ago, then shorty there after picked up an original 2n Model Russian.
I reload for the 44R, with BP, but the 45 Uberti has only digested factory Black Hills or my own smokeless reloads.

Crossdrawnj:
I was on the Taylor's web site a year or so ago an noticed the Frontiers were no longer listed in their catalog.  I called and spoke to a rep who told me Uberti is discontinuing them.  He then informed me they do have several left in stock!  So I dropped the hammer on a nickled 6.5" .45LC. I would have preferred a 44 special, but... A very nice revolver.  I have only shot .45 schofield out of it, but I do like the platform.  Hard to find after market stocks for this model though.

Advertising:

Graveyard Jack:
The Frontier seemed to dry up right after I got mine. Wish they were all offered in .44Spl.

Major 2:
Back when I bought mine, Taylor's had none in stock, but two were inbound.
One was backordered and spoken for, the other also an order, a hold the buyer had, was released.
I struck as "the", or rather mine, briefly was fair game.
I happen to be calling at that magic moment.  :)

I did replace the Grips with the S&W's, the OEM woods grip felt a little fat and broom handle-ish to me.

Holster wise, I placed a call to David Carrico, and I also acquired an Old West Reproductions.

I discovered my Webley holster works quite well too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version