Special Interests - Groups & Societies > 1860 Henry

Has there ever been a...?

<< < (2/3) > >>

nativeshootist:
Theres a iron framed carbine on gunbroker right now, description says 18 ¾ barrel. The carrier is molded and looks like it'll load like a shotgun.

Coffinmaker:

:)  WHOAH THERE  ;)

Hadda lurk Gunbroker and have a look at that Henry.  Most interesting indeed.  The Rifle has some very interesting oddities.  To Begin, It started life as a "Martial" version with Sling mounts, the barrel sling mount having been removed.  The "Turn Shroud" has been removed when the rifle was shortened, similar to a custom Henry built in Lima, Peru in 1886, which I have copied 4 times.  It still has the Thumb Button on the follower, and appears the Carrier Block has been modded for loading from the bottom.  I see the Breach Block (bolt) as being too long??  If Central Fire it's either a conversion or a well done faque.  Moving right along, the lever is an 1873 esque item and the receiver has been modified to accept an 1873 trigger block safety.  It most definitely NOT a Winchester factory Prototype or Transitional.  Upon studying the myriad of photographs, I'd describe it as a really well conceived Hoax.

Additionally, the "original" Iron Frame Henry's were built VERY early in Henry production.  Well before the '73 Trigger Block safety and attendant lever was even a "glimmer."  I'd be betting the receiver came from one of Val Forgett's early Henry repos or a Heavily modded and antiqued Uberti.

nativeshootist:
Thats what I was thinking too, Coffinmaker. The carrier looks a bit long to me. I have some pictures of that Peru henry and thought it would be cool to duplicate. Would you be able to share pictures of your rifle?

Advertising:

Fox Creek Kid:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on August 31, 2022, 08:32:19 AM ---
...Additionally, the "original" Iron Frame Henry's were built VERY early in Henry production...
--- End quote ---

And several experts are inclined to believe that Colt actually was contracted to build the iron frame Henry rifles in 1860!!

Coffinmaker:

:)  Native Shootist  ;)

Lemmie scrounge around and see if I have some Tin Types of the Rifle.  Or make some Tin Types of the rifle.  Then I have to enlist Major 2 to post 'em to the board.  Or I could eMail 'em to ya??

:)  Fox Creek   ;)

Ah well.  Ya know an "Ex" is a Has been and a "Spert" is merely a Drip under pressure.

People are Still Contagious.   Avoid 'em

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version