Author Topic: My latest Cowboy Chronicle article about the Kirst saber River  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
Re: My latest Cowboy Chronicle article about the Kirst saber River
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »
As much as I love my Dave Anderson 1860 conversions (Truth and Justice),  I could never part with my Saber River and its little brother 5.5".  They are just cool.  Both have the new two hand cylinder pawl (?) from Kirst, and are rock solid, with timing dead on.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 03:51:13 PM »
Update, sort of...

Last May at the Railroad Flat match, since I was using my Anderson 1860 .44 Colt conversions (Truth and Justice), I leant my Pietta/Kirst Konversion 1860 Saber River and 1860 5.5" to a pard.  I was going to get them back at the Fall version of the match, but a health issue came up (as sometimes happens when you are 71!), and I had to cancel.    Well, had really not thought about is since, as there is a lot going on in my world. 

A couple days ago, it occurred to me, so I reached out to the pard,  and I am meeting him for lunch next week to get them back.  While I love Truth and Justice, the Saber River just is too cool.....

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 07:29:33 PM »
Besides the Truth and Justice, and the pair of Kirst Pietta 1860s, I have my pair of Kirst/Pietta 1851s.  The .38s though, do't boom like the 44 Colts and the 45 Colts/

I think I have an "Open Top" Acquisition Disorder Disease (O.T.A.D.D).  I had a pair of Vaquero Bisley in 45 Colt.  They were great, but I sold them because I always felt like I should have been shooting my OTs instead!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com