Special Interests - Groups & Societies > BROW

Rolling Block woods walk

(1/1)

Drydock:

Yellowhouse Sam:
Don't see many original 45-70.  What is it marked underneath the barrel?

Dave T:
I am fortunate enough to have one of those that has been completely restored.  Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to post pictures on this forum.

It is almost too pretty to shoot, and with a 30' heavy octagon barrel it's too heavy for my old, busted up self to carry around the desert or the mountains.  Still, I'm gonna shoot it and with black powder exclusively.  All I have to do is find someone who'll walk a hundred yards out in the desert and set up a target for me.  LOL

Dave

Advertising:

Yellowhouse Sam:

--- Quote from: Dave T on December 20, 2021, 07:37:10 PM ---I am fortunate enough to have one of those that has been completely restored.  Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to post pictures on this forum.

It is almost too pretty to shoot, and with a 30' heavy octagon barrel it's too heavy for my old, busted up self to carry around the desert or the mountains.  Still, I'm gonna shoot it and with black powder exclusively.  All I have to do is find someone who'll walk a hundred yards out in the desert and set up a target for me.  LOL

Dave

--- End quote ---

But was it originally 45-70.  Those are rare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version