Author Topic: Shooting Cimarron New Model Army Conversions  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
Shooting Cimarron New Model Army Conversions
« on: June 22, 2021, 01:18:44 PM »
Made a video of my first outing with the New Model Army Conversions. If interested feel free to check it out.

"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Shooting Cimarron New Model Army Conversions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 10:45:16 PM »
Nice lookin hoglegs. Wouldn't mind one or two of those meself!!!!!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 08:15:38 AM »
Had a couple of those through the shop.  Very nice revolvers!! Congratulations!

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:06:32 PM »

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 09:34:47 AM »
Nice lookin hoglegs. Wouldn't mind one or two of those meself!!!!!

Thanks. Once I finally got around to getting myself a set of cap and ball Remington copies and loved the way they shot I knew I would be wanting a pair of conversions also. They did not disappoint.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 09:35:06 AM »
Had a couple of those through the shop.  Very nice revolvers!! Congratulations!

Mike

Thanks.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2021, 10:46:06 AM »

:)  HEY RUBE !!   ;)

Always wanted to yell that.  Anyway, really nice guns.  Having a pair of the "older" guns is a huge PLUS!! to allow you to use the Cap Gun Cylinders interchangeably (wow that's a big wurd).

I have actually set up several of my Colt pattern SNUBBIES to be convertible.  Didn't use Gated conversions though.  R&D two piece "drop in" cylinders.  Really really fun.  Go to a multi day match and if the weather isn't swell for Cap Guns . . . swap for Suppository Cylinders and PRESTO!!  Real Fun!!

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 12:53:58 PM »
:)  HEY RUBE !!   ;)

Always wanted to yell that.  Anyway, really nice guns.  Having a pair of the "older" guns is a huge PLUS!! to allow you to use the Cap Gun Cylinders interchangeably (wow that's a big wurd).

I have actually set up several of my Colt pattern SNUBBIES to be convertible.  Didn't use Gated conversions though.  R&D two piece "drop in" cylinders.  Really really fun.  Go to a multi day match and if the weather isn't swell for Cap Guns . . . swap for Suppository Cylinders and PRESTO!!  Real Fun!!

Yeah, that is a great idea for sure. I have been eying up some of those Colt style snubs.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2021, 09:47:06 AM »

:)  OOPS   ;)

I fibbed.  Sorry.  I also built myself a pair of Colt Pattern 1860 Conversions with Kirst Konverters gated conversions.  They also accept their original Cap Cylinders.  They do look a tad "odd" with the cartridge channel thru the recoil shield but they are some easy to Cap I can tell ya.

Didn't see a lot of smoke when you were shooting those Remingtons though.  Stealthy smoke??

Play Safe Out There

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »
:)  OOPS   ;)

I fibbed.  Sorry.  I also built myself a pair of Colt Pattern 1860 Conversions with Kirst Konverters gated conversions.  They also accept their original Cap Cylinders.  They do look a tad "odd" with the cartridge channel thru the recoil shield but they are some easy to Cap I can tell ya.

Didn't see a lot of smoke when you were shooting those Remingtons though.  Stealthy smoke??

Play Safe Out There

Well I need to load up some black powder 45 Colt but those were the smokless "stealthy smoke" Trailboss loads.

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline russ1943

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 12:38:47 PM »
What is the best Conversion cylinder for Pieta 1858 Remington what  to get in 45ACP   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com