Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

12ga Brass

<< < (4/9) > >>

Lucky R. K.:

Some time ago I modified the charge bar on one of my MEC grabbers to load black powder. Bored out the shot and powder holes to the maximum possible with the bar. I then made aluminum bushings in various sizes to drop the desired loads. I have loaded hundreds if not thousands of shot shells with no problems.  As for static electricity, it has been proven that there is not enough heat in a spark to ignite black powder.

Forgot, you can load brass shells also.

Lucky

Marshall Matt Dillon:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on January 02, 2021, 09:25:55 AM ---
Plastic wads give me the "Over-Powder" the "Cushion" and the "Shot Cup" all in one.  Keeps loading All Brass Hulls really really simple and fast.

Is it SPRING YET!!!

Stay Safe

--- End quote ---

Do you use 10 ga plastic wads?

Coffinmaker:

:)  Marshal Dillon   ;)

Yes . . er . .  No.  I was using Ballistic Products 1044 10Ga wads.  they worked a real treat, except, had to cut the cup petals back for a 1 ounce pay load.  Not difficult but some annoying.  So I switched to BP Spitfire 12Ga wads that have a 1 ounce shot cup to start with.  I have always dropped the plastic wad in on top of the powder charge.

Yes, I do get some snake skin but it cleans out so easily I don't worry about it.

Stay Safe Out There

Advertising:

Marshall Matt Dillon:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on March 22, 2021, 09:14:57 AM --- :)  Marshal Dillon   ;)

So I switched to BP Spitfire 12Ga wads that have a 1 ounce shot cup to start with.  I have always dropped the plastic wad in on top of the powder charge.

Stay Safe Out There

--- End quote ---

When i do that, the wads are smaller then the inside of my brass case, letting the powder flow up around the wad. Do you put over powder card in before the wad?

wildman1:
PM sent regarding 12 ga brass shells.
wM1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version