Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Zoot Shooters

1905 or 1907 Winchester

<< < (2/8) > >>

St. George:
Reload?

Scouts Out!

Bat 2919:
Well, reloading is an option, it's just a little slow.  The most common thing is for the shooter to preform a "New York Reload" or abandon one gun (rifle in this case) and pick up another loaded gun and continue the course of fire.  Generally it's two lever guns but nothing in the rules requires both guns to be the same style or caliber.  If this happens as the shooter is moving downrange (or may move in front of that long gun latter in the caper) we'll provide an open top barrel (that can be moved around by the shooter depending on where they think this change of guns may happen) and the shooter can abandon the open and empty rifle in the barrel and grab the loaded rifle from this same barrel (this assures the long gun(s) never point at someone moving down range as it's pointing into the ground) and finishes the caper.

I have a 1907 .351 WSL and while its a fun piece of history everything about it conspires to make using it both slow and cumbersome in a match.  I do agree that the Thompson is both the best looking and most particle choice for this game.  On the other hand, after watching hundreds of shooters using different long guns, I don't think someone using two lever guns is at much if any disadvantage in this game.

Hope that helps.

Forty Rod:
Get a .35 Remington Model 08.

IF you can find one with a police detachable magazine it would be a wonderful piece.

Advertising:

Tornado:
I like the 'new york' reload idea, I guess that applies to pistols too?  Thanks for explaining things.  There is no AZSA club near me but I see that Oak Ridge TN has a club and I have lots of family in that area and visit there a couple of times a year.

Pitspitr:

--- Quote from: Tornado on June 11, 2015, 08:31:35 AM ---There is no AZSA club near me...
--- End quote ---

Maybe you could start one.   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version