CAS TOPICS > 1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting

Where can I shoot...

(1/2) > >>

Forty Rod:
...my favorite toys?

Remington model 8 autoloader in .35 Rem.

Winchester model '94 in .30 WCF (.30-30)

Winchester model '95 in .30 U.S. Krag (.30-40)

Colt model 1903 pocket hammerless in .32 ACP

Are these accepted anywhere for WB matches?

Also, where can I find .357 bullets in 200 grain round nose lead alloy that will handle 2,000 fps.?

Blackpowder Burn:
You could shoot the Winchester '94 and '95 in Cody Dixon matches.

Pecos Clyde:
maybe here:

http://www.sandcreekraiders.com/Wild%20Bunch%20Guns.htm

they allow alot of different firearms.

Advertising:

litl rooster:
Forty you have an amazing brace of weapons  listed there.

Forty Rod:
My dad bought the Remington used (made 1921) in 1941.  I bought it from him in 1961.  It has taken several mule deer , two elk, a black bear, and a pronghorn (at about 35 FEET!)

I bought the '94 a couple of years ago from a friend and Owen Muny got it up and running.

The '95 is a Browning from about 1990.  I bought it new from a place in New Jersey that had a couple in .30-40.

I bought the little Colt from Slim's when he was still in City of Industry almost 30 years ago. I carried it daily for 15 years or so.

I also have Dad's Stevens "Ranger" 520 pump gun in 12 gauge.  He bought it from the same guy... and at the same time... who sold him the Remington and I've had it since about '77.  Needs some work on a well-used action that has taken every kind of upland bird and waterfowl in the northern Utah/southern Idaho area of the Rocky Mountains, as well as innumerable rabbits, crows, a couple of bobcat, and a coyote that was in our hen house.

It's simply worn out.  Old Scout was going to work on it for me when he fell ill.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version