Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

action job

<< < (3/3)

CW Price Texas Ranger:
0.0005 TIR is not that difficult to set up, but I really do not think Colt ever held tolerances that close.  This is now into MOOG valve tolerances.  Time consuming yes.  Use, well I will put the Colt to good use.  I had to have a Colt.  I found one plated, engraved and with ivory grips a lot less than a comparable USFA would cost.  Also, this fell into the "I had to have it" category just like I feel the need for a NRV coming over me.

RRio:

--- Quote from: CW Price Texas Ranger on October 11, 2005, 04:26:24 PM ---0.0005 TIR is not that difficult to set up, but I really do not think Colt ever held tolerances that close. 

--- End quote ---

If I was the one converting the cylinder, that is how I would indicate it in. Less chance in boring or reaming it off center. When it comes to my machining, I am a perfectonist. No room for error, people fly on my parts.

--- Quote ---but I really do not think Colt ever held tolerances that close
--- End quote ---

That's why I have USFAs.

CW Price Texas Ranger:
good response, I enjoyed it.  Also I have additional information on what to look at when taking my USFA's apart.

Advertising:

RRio:
If you don't already have a copy of it, I highly recommend " The Colt Single Action Revolvers, A Shop Manual, Volumes 1 & 2" by Jerry Kuhnhausen.

It is an invaluable resource for SAA gunsmithing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version