Author Topic: USFA Bisley w/ extra cylinder  (Read 635 times)

Offline Sandlapper

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
USFA Bisley w/ extra cylinder
« on: November 26, 2023, 06:43:19 AM »
Fellows, Back in the day, I ordered a 4 3/4" Bisley B/CC inv.45LC with extra .45ACP cylinder and I just wondered how scarce this model is, and possibly what the total production of this model might have been. I seem to recall that Mr. Gary Granger handled the order, although I don't remember the details. The SN is 269xx and it must have been towards the end of production. I just don't remember the year. Thanks, Sandlapper

Offline RoyceP

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: USFA Bisley w/ extra cylinder
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 10:08:45 AM »
Fellows, Back in the day, I ordered a 4 3/4" Bisley B/CC inv.45LC with extra .45ACP cylinder and I just wondered how scarce this model is, and possibly what the total production of this model might have been. I seem to recall that Mr. Gary Granger handled the order, although I don't remember the details. The SN is 269xx and it must have been towards the end of production. I just don't remember the year. Thanks, Sandlapper

I guess we need to know what brand. Uberti has made some, Pietta too, Ruger made some. All are available on GB or GA or GI - used of course.

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 11:12:49 AM »
I guess we need to know what brand. Uberti has made some, Pietta too, Ruger made some. All are available on GB or GA or GI - used of course.

His title to this thread says USFA so I would assume that is the brand he has reference to. Plus he mentions Gary Granger was the person who assisted him.
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:27:16 AM »

Offline Galen

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 02:21:03 PM »
I have several USAF firearms. While reading the above replies I began to wonder if there are some out and about who have not heard of USFA.

Offline RoyceP

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 11:20:01 AM »
I have heard of USFA frsnkly I did not know they ever made a convertible Bisley model. That would be something to find since they went out of business long ago.

Offline Sandlapper

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 01:00:51 PM »
I specifically asked Mr. Granger if it was available, as it was listed in their catalog in fixed sight and Target versions at the time, and he sent it on to me. Sandlapper

Offline Robb9128!

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 11:10:50 AM »
There are a few short barrel target bisleys out there but not many from what I understand. I snagged this dual cylinder 45 gun some time back and it is the only one of this configuration I have seen but that does not mean much.

Offline Sandlapper

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2024, 07:37:26 AM »
 Robb, That is a beautiful Bisley Target model, and I'll wager they didn't make many short barrel Target versions. I wish I had gotten the target model, but didn't have the $ at the time. I did, however, order from Mr. Granger before the Bisley, a standard 4 3/4" SAA .45 version with convertible .45 ACP cylinder for a very reasonable price; I believe somewhere around $900. Wish I could go back and order a few more at that price. IMHO, and I have owned a good many Colt SAA's, the USFA guns put them to shame for fit and finish, unless you have a Custom Shop special. Regards, Sandlapper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com