Author Topic: 1862 DANCE "Old Silver" .44  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
1862 DANCE "Old Silver" .44
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all Ages ...... Gather for another Great Show.  WOWZERS.  I was innocently perusing the offerings of EMF, when quite by accident I stumbled over this incredible Cap Gun.  Also, by most standards, a most unusual offering.  The most noticeable and immediate impression is caused by the extensive laser engraving.  Exquisite.  Next, true to the original, Slab Sides without Colt pattern recoil shields.  Interesting.  Lots of barrel.  8 full inches of it (4 3/4 inches wasted steel) and faithfully round beyond the Barrel Lug.

The guns are made in the same manner as the Pietta Marshal.  Polished Heat Treated steel.  I have championed the Pietta Marshalls as possibly the best built Cap Guns on the market.  Those guns were followed by the Capt. Schaeffer replicant.  And now the Replicant of the Dance.  I understand there are even now perhaps an 1860 "Old Sliver" and an 1851 "Old Silver."  Frames and internal parts the same polished Heat Treated steel.  Very very nice.

I would also like to point out, Pietta has redesigned the Hand Spring to produce possibly a bullet proof flat (sort of) hand spring.  I still convert guns to Coil Spring and Plunger as there is not enough proof of concept with the new spring.  Stay Tuna.

The Dance replicant in 44 is absolutely FIRST RATE.  However.  These, as well made as they are, require the same attention as any other Cap Gun to play CAS.  Silx nipples.  Cap Rakes.  Swap out the Main Spring and Trigger bolt spring.  Check timing.  Check barrel to cylinder gap (my pair are perfect), fit the Bolt to the cylinder (required).  First match with them is two weeks away.  Almost forgot, that excess steel en the barrels has fallen off my pair.  Mine now qualify as Snubbies.  Photo evidence may follow.

Give these guns a really close, hard look.  Well worth it.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: 1862 DANCE "Old Silver" .44
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 12:42:53 AM »
Happy to oblige the Maker of Coffin Snubbiest  ...here are the photo's
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 12:47:02 AM »
And.... I'll post these in the OPEN TOP Snubbie thread as well....

Well done Mike, these are cool beans.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:07:40 AM »

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »
Now those are real lookers! Cool as cool can be.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »

I forgot to point out in my original post, Pietta has answered popular demand for a Colt pattern Navy grip shape.  Gone is the "Trombone Bell" at the bottom of the grips.  The grips are now quite Coltish.  Really nice.  In the past I would have immediately been looking to trade the "Navy" grips off for a set of Colt Army pattern grips, but not for these.  I like em. 

Offline Chance

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 01:01:43 PM »

Well done Mike, these are cool beans.

Each to his own, I guess.  ::)

Chance

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 12:46:32 PM »
I love the Dance.  I treated myself to one when I completed my MBA.   Working full time, it was a rough exhausting four years and I felt I needed a treat.   Now I want another to chop on.   I love the lack of the recoil shields, gives the gun an interesting look.
I have to say, mine came with the plainest and ugliest pair of grips ever.  I did not feel bad flattening them (saw an original on line) and inlaying a Texas star. 

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 02:09:23 PM »
Have been following this thread  , the Dance revolver has  been a interesting one to me .  Wild Bill Longley was said to have carried a Dance revolver , his revolver hung in a barbers shop on Giddings Tx. for a long time . Just a side note on my Dads side of the family after arriving from Germany to Texas / Galveston , they moved inland and settled in what is now Grimes Co. our old homeplace was within one Mile of the Dance Brothers factory . Not trying to sidetrack the topic , just thought this may interest some . ,,,DT

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 634
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 02:27:29 PM »
Coffinmaker, why do pieces of your revolver barrels always fall off?  Don't you check to make sure that they are firmly attached when you buy them?  I'd think that a "retired gunplumber" of your experience would notice...  ;D

Nice looking revolver, sir!

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »

Griff,

I think it happens in the Night.  I lay my guns out on the workbench to take care of the "set up" and I leave them overnight so that can "season" if you will.   :P  All too often, when I come back to work on them the next day, the barrels are in TWO PIECES  :o   I have found that just gluing them back together just doesn't hold well enough, so I just finish them off a little bit shorter  ;D

Hey!! It's Texas!!  Wanna .... Dance (I couldn't help it  8))

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 05:00:23 AM »
Griff,

I think it happens in the Night.  I lay my guns out on the workbench to take care of the "set up" and I leave them overnight so that can "season" if you will.   :P  All too often, when I come back to work on them the next day, the barrels are in TWO PIECES  :o   I have found that just gluing them back together just doesn't hold well enough, so I just finish them off a little bit shorter  ;D

Hey!! It's Texas!!  Wanna .... Dance (I couldn't help it  8))

that reminds me of the Grimm's Fairy Tale  "Die Wichtelmänner".

Mike,  it appears you have Helpful Elves  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com