Author Topic: July Coffee & Fireworks  (Read 52598 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: July Coffee & Fireworks
« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2019, 05:56:21 AM »
Coffee is up
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2019, 06:13:50 AM »
Weather Guessers say mid to upper 90s for the next 4 days here, lows in the 70s. Put window AC units in last night.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2019, 06:18:54 AM »
Nice Deacon, who is the 1911's manufacture ? 
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 03:16:31 AM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 103
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2019, 07:22:01 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 69 and rain. "Humid. Periods of showers and thunderstorms in the morning  then partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent. Heat indices to 98."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »
Today - Mostly cloudy with a high of 78 ?F and a 50% chance of precipitation. Winds E.

Tonight - Mostly cloudy. Winds variable. The overnight low will be 68 ?F.
Forecast

Thursday
ShowersPrecipitation: 50% Mostly cloudy with a high of 78 ?F and a 50% chance of precipitation. Winds E.Night - Mostly cloudy. Winds variable. The overnight low will be 68 ?F .
Friday
ThunderstormsPrecipitation: 15%Thunderstorms today with a high of 94 ?F and a low of 69 ?F
Saturday
ThunderstormsPrecipitation: 15%Thunderstorms today with a high of 96 ?Fand a low of 75 ?F .
Sunday
ThunderstormsPrecipitation: 20%20%34?25?Thunderstorms today with a high of 94 ?F and a low of 77 ?F.
Monday
Mostly CloudyPrecipitation: 0% Mostly cloudy today with a high of 80 ?F and a low of 71 ?F.
Tuesday
Partly cloudyPrecipitation: 0% Partly cloudy today with a high of 80 ?F and a low of 64 ?F .
Wednesday
Partly cloudyPrecipitation: 0% Partly cloudy today with a high of 80 ?F and a low of 62 ?F .
Thursday
Partly cloudyPrecipitation: 0%Partly cloudy today with a high of 83 ?F and a low of 61 ?F).
Friday
Partly cloudyPrecipitation: 5%Partly cloudy today with a high of 83 ?F and a low of 63 ?F .
Saturday
Partly cloudyPrecipitation: 0%Partly cloudy today with a high of 83 ?F and a low of 63 ?F.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4643
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
Howdy all!
Major the Super is a custom build, Caspian frame, ATI slide, Sig ramped barrel, the internals are either Wilson or Colt. I built it last year, did most of the work myself and had a local gunsmith do the trigger for safety. Nice shooter with one of the finest triggers I have ever gotten on a 1911.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #166 on: July 18, 2019, 08:19:31 PM »
Evening all.

Just got back from work. Nothing noteworthy happened today.

I like the desantis pocket holsters. I'm also looking at a Vedder holster for iwb carry. They're custom molded kydex, and pretty thin.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: July 18, 2019, 10:26:23 PM »
Kid, I have one of the Crossbreed supertuck for my Ruger SR9c and I love it, very comfortable even for a fat guy like me, something to look into if you want an IWB holster.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2019, 04:48:12 AM »
Living in a tropical climate light clothing is a must. Dockers Pants and an Oxford sport shirt is my daily wear.
I have found right pocket carry to be the most comfortable, easiest access and less printable carry for me.
I don't care for the IWB poke for all day carry.

Left is my Vest Pocket Gelesi , center the Beretta 950BS and the S&W model 36 or alternate Mod. 60. all are easily hidden in the rather deeper pocket of  Dockers style Pants. All are Desantis pocket holsters,
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2019, 06:24:11 AM »
Morning coffee is brewed up-

Weather is typical, hot n humid chance of more hot to miserable interrupted occasionally,   by rain showers or a pop up t storms. All else normal

The prementioned Uncle Mike?s holster was comparable to the one Major2 has showed you.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2019, 07:26:28 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 72 and overcast. "Hot and humid. Partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning. Highs in the lower 90s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Heat indices to 109."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2019, 09:54:03 AM »
Good morning! 86 here already on the way to 95. Gonna have lunch with my buddy/gunsmith then inside for AC the rest of the day. Be careful, stay cool and if not, stay hydrated!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »
Making Salsa here today....

Rain showers popped up- the news says there is heavy flooding to our near east
Mathew 5.9

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
Have a bright sunny day here, not what the weather liars called for, Temps are 99degrees, 92 in the shade, high humidity. Good day to stay inside cleaning guns or reading the gun forums on the computer.
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: July 20, 2019, 07:02:53 AM »
Coffee is up

Had a very large Pecan branch break half off.  It now blocks the drive near the barn. Will see if I can get step son here to help get it at least off the driveway.  This happened between like 4 and 6 pm. We both had driven under it several times yesterday.  This branch is 12 inches at trunk and 25 foot long. Typical old growth Pecan.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: July 20, 2019, 09:35:24 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

T'storms last night.

'Tis 82 and overcast. "Humid. Numerous showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. South wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

Offline DeaconKC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: July 20, 2019, 10:50:36 AM »
Good morning folks! Lazy day here, gonna go to a friend's 50th Birthday party in a bit. Y'all have a good one and stay cool!
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: July 20, 2019, 10:51:26 AM »
All the critters fed and watered and turned out to find shade.

So Suzanne and I decided we could tackle the Pecan limb. I said earlier 25 feet but in reality, closer to 40 feet long.
I would like to share something to all here. Because of my lack of lungs... I am on Oxygen 24/7. So my time doing manual labor is very short. It is what it is. Things like using equipment with pull starters is out of the question. Recently we had been looking at Battery powered equipment. I have a trunk of battery hand tools. With no issues with them. Yet I wasn?t sure about a chainsaw or pole saw. Both important for property maintenance. Without a word mentioned about a month ago our oldest boy showed up with the Lowe?s brand 80 volt saw.  He helped his mother with some things around his grandfathers old house. Since he and his wife to be will soon be moving in there. The next week he brought the accompanying pole saw. Plus a extra battery. This morning after feeding, she and I put them on the truck and took them to the tree. I was impressed with the torque the saw provided. She and I had all the branches cleared off and were cutting the limb when Justin showed up. He and I were able (mostly him) to get the limb cut off and sectioned enough to move. If you are thinking about the battery powered saw. I think they might be ideal for the home owner. I have plum run a couple good Stils till they would run no more. So I know nothing last forever. I don?t know what the life is but I am sold on them.
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: July 20, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »
Cold front moving thru. T'storms here. Tornadoes by Green Bay, which is NE of here.

Slim

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: July 20, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »
Roo, are you going to let that wood season and use it in a smoker?
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com