Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Shotguns

Busted knuckle club

(1/1)

DeaconKC:
Wow, I had picked up a Bounty Hunter II hammered shotgun and really loved the looks and how well it operated. Unfortunately, my first trip to the range was a major disappointment. The first 2 shots rattled my knuckles painfully. Hoping/wishing I tried it again with as tight a grip as I could manage, with the same results. 4 more shots confirmed it wasn't going to change. RATS! This thing had great triggers, Remington empties slid out perfectly, just no way I could do this through an entire match. My paws are just too big for this very good gun. Left me with a fine bruise for my stubborness. Gonna have to find another type of hammer gun for Classic.

Coffinmaker:

:)  Deacon   ;)

Seek a TTN/Cimarron 1878 Replicant.  Should be no problem with Large Paws.  The guns aren't freely available anymore and cost more than they should, but are your best bet for a budget priced Hammer Double.  Or, conversely, go first class and take a gander at the Pietta Hammer Double offered by EMF.  Since it's actually  Pedersoli, would be my choice (was, I have one).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version