Author Topic: Colt P1850  (Read 7144 times)

Offline Rawhidesmith

• Citizen
  • I'd like the chance to shoot at an educated man.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Colt P1850
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:51:59 AM »
I have a hankering for a new Colt p1850, cause you see, I never had one before. Trouble is, every where I look, they seem to be, "Out of Stock". What's up with that and what do I do about it?

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Colt P1850
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
Colt Single Actions are EXTREMELY low production guns.  They don't carry any inventory and most are ordered rather than bought off a store shelf.  Solution?  Order one and expect to wait a year or go to the gun action sites and buy one.  The P1850 is just a blue/cc. 5 1/2" barrel, .45.  This is the most common configuration so you should have no problem finding one on-line.

Offline Rawhidesmith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:22:17 PM »
When you say order one, you mean from my local FFL dealer? Or from Colt MFG Co.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:27:02 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »
If your FFl is a Colt Dealer ( that is he orders Colts often) then that's the way to go..
If not he may be on a back burner ...find a Colt Distributer.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:53:01 PM »
Gunbroker is a good way to find a more common Colt - keep an eye on that site.

Also, look for a guy named 'Ultona' here on CAS City - he gets more Colts, more often, than any dealer I know.

Good Luck!

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
Talk to Scott.
He is a Colt dealer.
Tell'em I said HI.
rsmhd_1@charter.net

LG
'Hav'n you along-Is like loose'n 2 good men'

Offline sixgunshorty

• Citizen
    • Nevada Western Firearms
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
Thanks Lumpy
OK..Here's the Deal
Colt has zero stock on SAA's and will probably remain so possibly forever but certainly for the foreseeable future.
They are only theoretically  making 45's and 357's by Colts Manufacturing, not the Custom Shop as regular production, and since they made this announcement over 2 yerars ago, have produced NONE that i know of.
The ONLY way to get a Colt SAA is to order it through the Custom Shop and Only an FFL Dealer or more preferably a Colt Dealer as I am.
However:
If you were to order today through me or any other Dealer a Custom Shop SAA, you will wait at least 18 -24 months if you are lucky!
I am waiting for 3 I ordered  last April that were promised to me for October Delivery (and I am pretty tight with the Colt Custom Shop) and needless to say still have not received even One of them.Here it is January  and  my contacts at Colt won't even speculate when i will receive my 3 guns..Only that i will receive them or if i don't want ot wait longer, they will happily return my money.
I will NOT order any Colt Custom Shop guns at  the present time.It's pure frustration.
I can't ask customers to wait over a year to 2 years for a revolver or anything else and I won't.
Additionally, Colt wil not take orders for 1911's of any kind for the foreseeable future and NO Dealers wil be getting any new 1911's.
Reason for the 1911 problem is a huge Marine contract for 1911's  that Colt received this Fall and will take them  a Looooong
time to fill.Just like the new  Colt Mustang..Colt s making  very few  A  day and they have literally thousands of backorders to fill.
Bottom Line: Colt has nothing to sell and now with the future of the AR 15 at risk, who knows if they will ever make a commercial M4 again.
Colt is back to how they were in the 90's and early 2000's....No guns and the wait time is ridiculous.
When I receive my 3 pending Colt SAA's then I will consider whether or not i will order from the Custom Shop again.
My bet is that you will never see stocked SAA's agaion; and if you ever do , Only in 45 cal and 357.
The secondary market is your only realistic hope.None of the major distributors have any Colts to sell and have no idea if they ever will again.
Very Sad Indeed.
Colt simply has not kept up with demand or the public, or competition.
The Colt 1911 'Rail Gun' is utterly ridiculous IMHO
Colt took classic lines of the 1911 and figured out a way to make them ugly!
By the way, Gunbroker has very very few SAA's of any kind.It is way easier to find an antique collectible Colt than it is to find a regular old commercial SAA on Gunbroker or anything else.People that have them are keeping them....
The sell off of Colts in private hands that really began in 2008 has stopped and there are just very few SAA's out there for purchase.
Please Note: The above comments are probably way more than a Colt Dealer should say!
SASS#35717
RO II
NRA
CFDA
W3Gun
VCA

Offline Lumpy Grits

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
"The above comments are probably way more than a Colt Dealer should say!"
But, those comments NEEDED to be said.
THX, SS!
LG
'Hav'n you along-Is like loose'n 2 good men'

Offline Rawhidesmith

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
Well, I did it! I bought a P1850 Colt SAA off of GunBroker.com and got lucky. The serial # is S676XXA. So I guess its as fresh as the morning dew. I have always wanted one of these.  The Uberti can ride around in the truck with me, but I think I'll put this one under my pillow.  ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com