Author Topic: Lightning Rifle  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Arizona Trooper

• Top Active Citizen
    • Civil War Guns
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lightning Rifle
« on: December 19, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
Was in the local shop (Charleston, SC) this evening and spied a Colt Lightning express rifle in the rack. The guy behind the counter said it's 40-65, but the bore looked more like 45 cal. Action is locked and I don't know why, and it has some replacement screws. Otherwise it's all there and in decent attic condition. They have $2000 on it and would probably deal. I would have dickered with them, but couldn't do anything until after Christmas. PM me is you'd like contact info. I have no connection with the gun, other than it would be nice to see it get a good home.

Offline shrapnel

• There is nothing like the original
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Keeping what made the West safe, alive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Lightning Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »
I have had every size of Colt Lightning at one time or another. The large frame rifles are really scarce as they only made around 6500 total. If it is a 40 caliber, it would be a 40-60. If it is 45 caliber, it could be a 45-65 or even a 45-85. They only chambered them in 5 calibers in the large frame. I still have a 38-40 and a 44-40 in first models and shoot them regularly. They deserve the name of "Lightning" as they are fast and have helped me win a shoot or two...

I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com