Author Topic: What's your favorite Western?  (Read 334135 times)

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: What's your favorite Western?
« Reply #420 on: July 09, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
 two by Robert Taylor:

Westward the women, a true classic

Devil´s Doorway, a movie that will  make you think.

a european movie:

Once upon the West, by Sergio Leone, probably the only one western, or one of the few, where the story goes around a woman, Claudie Cardinale, impressive italian actress of great fame in Europe. Filmed in Spain, with Charles Bronson and Henry Fonda. The sound track by Ennio Morricone, one of his bests.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: July 09, 2013, 04:45:25 PM »
TwoWalks

Thank you for this! Says it all very eloquently.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that when I hear and sing "The Star Spangled Banner" (Yes, I do sing along when I hear it at sports events) or "Oh, Canada", I get choked up. Say what you want about me if it's true, but leave my country the hell out of it!

I've even been known to sing the "Marseillaise" in honour of my Francophone mother's heritage, arguably the most over-the-top national anthem of all.

Clarification for Petrinal and Camille.  Incase your curious why so many get upset with things that are said and why we keep replying with indignation.  This currently is my favorite Western Video.  All 3 minutes sums up a 4377 of a lot.
[youtube]2VJkypo8jcY[/youtube]
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline c.o.jones

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #422 on: July 10, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »
ANY UNKIND WORD AIMED AT THE TROLL AND YOU WILL BE BANISHED TO A PLANET IN ANOTHER GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY.
NCOWS 1097
Kansas Vigilance Committee
SASS 5610 Life
NRA Life
VFW Life
USMC Forever

Advertising

« Reply #423 on: Today at 06:01:30 AM »

Offline The Black Spot

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #423 on: July 10, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »
One movie i bring out once in a while is "windwalker"  it is done entirely in American Indian language. 

The "stalking moon" is great also.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: July 11, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »
Gee, d'ya think .... ? Ya mean all those allegations about this happening are not unfounded? Whodathunkit .... ?

ANY UNKIND WORD AIMED AT THE TROLL AND YOU WILL BE BANISHED TO A PLANET IN ANOTHER GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: July 14, 2013, 08:51:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: July 14, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »

Offline RickB

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Black Jack
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2013, 04:34:43 PM »
'Splain, por favor ..... ?

Pretty self revealing if you ask me. Someone has just admitted that they are as we see them.
Ride Safe and Shoot Straight.
Rick.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »
That was my take as well. Just wanted confirmation.

Pretty self revealing if you ask me. Someone has just admitted that they are as we see them.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
As luck would have it, I flicked on the toob and "The Magnificent Seven" was starting up ....

This movie has one of my favourite lines and several of my favourite scenes:

"I've been paid a lot for my work, but not everything ...", said by 'Chris' as he negotiates with the Mexican farmers for the $20 fee they offer.

And James Coburn winning against the loudmouth with his switchblade knife; "Mr. Cool" all the while. I think it was done just to mock the old adage - "Never bring a knife to a gun fight ...".

"That was the best shot I've ever seen!" as Coburn drops a fleeing Bandito. "Worst", he says, "I was aiming for the horse."

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2013, 03:41:20 PM »
'Splain, por favor ..... ?

we have very special sense of humour here, an anglo will never understand.

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: July 24, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »

I remember an american girl visiting the south of Europe not long ago. She was surprised that people, in EUROPE, dont smile so much as americans do.  Here,  it is not a social must, and you dont have to do it to show society that you are satisfied with your life or successful or a nice person.

well, she thought that people here were angry all the time or sad because of that .....until I explained her this important  cultural difference  with americans.....(same in Russia, people don smile much but they are, however, quite a happy social people).

so you may see me as you want, but  I am not what you think I am. I am not your enemy, in short, I just think different, nothing more.

I could even be your friend in real life.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »
As luck would have it, I flicked on the toob and "The Magnificent Seven" was starting up ....

I was watching that too recently and looked up McQueen's bio for laughs.  When I realized he'd been dead for 33 years it aged me precipitously and I vowed never to do that again.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2013, 12:10:32 AM »
I remember an american girl visiting the south of Europe not long ago. She was surprised that people, in EUROPE, dont smile so much as americans do.  Here,  it is not a social must, and you dont have to do it to show society that you are satisfied with your life or successful or a nice person.

well, she thought that people here were angry all the time or sad because of that .....until I explained her this important  cultural difference  with americans.....(same in Russia, people don smile much but they are, however, quite a happy social people).

so you may see me as you want, but  I am not what you think I am. I am not your enemy, in short, I just think different, nothing more.

I could even be your friend in real life.

I prefer to keep you on the enemies list... I'm more comfortable with you there...!

Bill

Offline petrinal

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2013, 08:54:27 AM »
I prefer to keep you on the enemies list... I'm more comfortable with you there...!

Bill

Bureaucrats are my only enemies. Enemy is someone who wants to destroy you and make your life miserable, not someone who just thinks different. You are not my enemy.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: July 25, 2013, 10:07:58 AM »
And vice versa .... ;>)

we have very special sense of humour here, an anglo will never understand.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2013, 08:12:28 PM »
"Keep your friends close - and your enemies even closer!"

Bill

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #437 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:48 AM »
You people cannot even talk about movies without name calling and harassing each other. 
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

Offline TwoWalks Baldridge

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: July 29, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
You people cannot even talk about movies without name calling and harassing each other. 

Some folks live in a mental land that is so far left, they feel they stand on the right - then comparing to a country that stands farther right, they are viewed as standing on the far left. 

Some folks would rather live on the top of a mountain and others would prefer to live in the valley below.  Now when that fellow on the top of the mountain starts rolling boulders down the hill just for the heck of it, that fellow that lives in the valley below might get a bit touchy.  What do you suppose happens when they meet in town at the local watering hole?

Some times if a person thinks something is childish, it is because they are approaching the other folks as if they were children.  Perhaps it is better to first approach them as adults and let them work it out for themselves.  Just a thought.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Offline Camille Eonich

• Top Active Citizen
    • Stump Water and Camille Eonich's Website
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #439 on: July 29, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
When left to work it out they failed and the situation got so far out of control that when an attempt was made to right the situation, it ultimately led to the closure of a very valuable forum.  That won't happen again.

Now let's please quit allowing these people to distract from this forum and from this thread and get it back on topic.

thank you.
“Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.”
― Clint Eastwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com