Author Topic: Uberti VS. Pietta -Video  (Read 1546 times)

Offline 45 Dragoon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 127
Re: Uberti VS. Pietta -Video
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 10:57:48 AM »
#1 I have an Uberti Dalton in 45 Colt that has a frame on it that looks to be on the slim side but this may be due to the Forging of the frame
making a thicker frame unnecessary.

#2 if your frame is bent what does your cylinder look like.

#3 If you stopped and hesitated after the first +P round got your attention and decided to continue with more +P rounds then I am glad that I
don't stand anywhere near you when you shoot your guns.

#4 if the manual doesn't inform you that you can shoot +P ammunition then why would you shoot it. A manual doesn't have to say " DO NOT USE +P AMMUNITION "
If the Manufacturer doesn't want you to use it. You are supposed to be smart enough to do that for yourself

Good lord!!! I didn't say it was a pretzel  !!!!  The frame was moved enough to remove enough headspace  to not allow the 45C  cyl to move a round into battery. Had I not changed cylinders,  I probably wouldn't have even noticed until more,  if any, movement occurred with more acp / acp +p  ammo fired.
 So,
1.  Maybe,   Mr. Pearce  specifically said Uberti's made from 1990 to date.
2. The cylinder is just  fine.
3. The context was - if I should shoot that ammo in the converted '60 , not whether I should continue firing in the Pietta  '73. (really? See my opening paragraph. ) 
4.  As I stated, if a firearm has a safety margin of 2,000 psi  being  a "go"  / " no go"  I'd think the manufacturer wouldn't be around very long. Especially if the norm operating pressure is 21,000  .  .  .   
 You wouldn't be one of those risky Ruger folks shooting reloads would ya? The manual says not to .  .  .   Wonder what DA found out  you could .  .  . 

Mike
www.goonsgunworks.com
Follow me on Instagram @goonsgunworks

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2024, 06:39:57 PM »
 :) Tee Hee Hee  ;)

Nope.  I are not one of those scofflaws shooting reloads thru a Ruger.  At least, not any more.  I got too old to go traipsing thru the bushes, over hill and over dale hunting the elusive lunch meat.  I did at one time though, shoot those nasty reloads in my Ruger.  Totally ignored the manufacturers warnings I did.

Thru a Chrono owned by a friend, my 265Gr, Cast, Keith Type Semi-Wadcutters were scooting along about 1580 FPS.  It were not fun to shoot, even with oversized stocks.  I still have the oversized stocks.

PS:  I twern't as metallurgically learned and knowledgable as I are now neither.  I certainly wouldn't do it again.

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 154
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2024, 11:10:00 AM »
Fun discussion fellers. I have been re-reading Pearce on the Uberti SAA strengths recently. Thinking about their Model P, but in .44 Special.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:10:27 AM »

Offline Cholla Hill Tirador

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2024, 11:28:49 AM »
Fun discussion fellers. I have been re-reading Pearce on the Uberti SAA strengths recently. Thinking about their Model P, but in .44 Special.

I have one of those very .44 Special's in 5 1/2". It came with the tiny v rear sight groove and the tapered front sight. An acquaintance who owns a machine shop milled the groove to .125" in width and a local 'smith charged me $25 to solder a new .10" thick front sight on. MUCH better , and much easier for my 60 year old eyes to see!
  It's a darn good shooting revolver too!

Offline Oregon Bill

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 154
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2024, 05:35:40 AM »
Cholla, those sight modifications sound like just the ticket, as my eyes are a decade older than yours. I ordered the "prewar" Second Generation Uberti/Cimarron with the transverse cylinder pin latch and the medallions in the grips, barrel 4 3/4. While I was at it I ordered supplies to load some .44 Russian seeing that Starline brass in that caliber is currently available. I am well fixed with .44 Special dies and brass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com