Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Cas City Historical Society

Bat Masterson’s headgear

<< < (2/2)

Coffinmaker:

:)  I GIVE UP  ;)

On my Confuser, This topic/thread titles "Mat Masterson's Head."   :o

Therefore, I have been sorely tempted to enquire, is his Head mounted on a Pike??  Or in a Ball, alla Haunted Manson??  Or just a center piece for the Dining Room Table??  I just couldn't resist any longer   ::)

People are Still Hazardous to Yer Health.  Avoidance

Davem:
I'm not sure if he wore that get up on a daily basis or just for the photo shoot. (no pun intended:))

BrushyCreekDouglas:

--- Quote from: Davem on November 04, 2022, 09:51:25 AM ---I'm not sure if he wore that get up on a daily basis or just for the photo shoot. (no pun intended:))

--- End quote ---

That is an interesting thought. There are several descriptions of his appearance from other folks and they differ pretty significantly from what he wears in the photos. Weather those descriptions are accurate or not is up for grabs.

Advertising:

Davem:
I think that holds true on a lot of the old time photos.  Is that actually what the people wore or are they props of a photographer, etc.  There are photos of folks in "trail" clothes but wouldn't the trail clothes be all beat up?

Rube Burrows:

--- Quote from: Davem on November 09, 2022, 10:34:28 AM ---I think that holds true on a lot of the old time photos.  Is that actually what the people wore or are they props of a photographer, etc.  There are photos of folks in "trail" clothes but wouldn't the trail clothes be all beat up?

--- End quote ---

I think just like today, some people dressed nicer than others. Even in work/trail clothes you would have different levels of wear. Some nicer, some more worn out. All depending on who and when they replaced the clothes relative to when the photo was taken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version