Author Topic: Light hammer strikes with new firing pin safety 3 click Uberti SAA?  (Read 425 times)

Offline Virginia Gentleman

• Top Active Citizen
  • Here's a McRib for Allah
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Have any of you had this problem (light hammer/firing pin strikes and no ignition in the ammo)  with the new 3 click floating firing pin safety newer model Ubertis?  Is there a solution that does not involve replacing the hammer with a traditional one?

Offline GeezerD

• Very Active Citizen
  • "Back Off Varmints"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Light hammer strikes with new firing pin safety 3 click Uberti SAA?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 07:55:37 AM »
In the past year or so I have had a half dozen customers come in with the same issue on the new Uberti SAA with the new safety hammer. While the system could possibly be modified, it is much easier to replace it with old style parts. I have been able to obtain new old style hammers and triggers from Taylors for less than $100. -------- GeezerD

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 08:30:58 AM »
 :)  Well heck,

We all know I retired just before that stupid Uberti “Safety” thingie was fostered upon us.  I have however taken a few jobs just to keep “my hand in.”

Regardless of my opinion of that Stupid Firing Pin, I’m with GeezerD.  Frankly, piddling around with odd solutions is just silly.  Change out the hammer/trigger and be done with it.

I believe I may have mentioned in passing, I don’t like Uberti hand guns and the retracting firing pin is one more real good reason to not like Uberti.

Stay well Geezer!!!!

Offline GeezerD

• Very Active Citizen
  • "Back Off Varmints"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 05:54:38 AM »
Coffinmaker - I have been retired for a little over 10 years now. But working on guns is one of the only things that is still enjoyable to me.

In a couple of weeks, I'm getting a pacemaker/defib implant to add to the list of things that are not enjoyable. If I had known that I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. --------------------- GeezerD

Online lv2tinker

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 09:05:22 AM »
Have any of you had this problem (light hammer/firing pin strikes and no ignition in the ammo)  with the new 3 click floating firing pin safety newer model Ubertis?  Is there a solution that does not involve replacing the hammer with a traditional one?

Just replace the weak Main Spring with a regular one from Taylor's & Company.
Then it will go BANG every time.

Happy shooting...

Advertisers

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 10:39:49 AM »
Have you tried Federal primers, they go off easier. I have an original Spencer that
had a terrible trigger pull(20) lbs. I Put in a lighter hammer spring and then had
problems with rounds going off. Switched to Federal primers and so far problem solved

BTB
Born 110 years too late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2022 CAScity.com