Author Topic: May we have coffee and a new thread  (Read 144241 times)

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: May we have coffee and a new thread
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »
Beautiful day here on the coast of Maine. Is it Kentucky Derby Day?  How about a mint julep.  I would put my horse in the race, but she would make the other ponies look like old nags. ;D
You all have a great afternoon and evening.
Keep your powder dry
Shawnee
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »
Slim,

Windows 8 or 8.1 take some getting used to, especially with a mouse interface. There are still keyboard shortcuts and you can create icons for things like shutting down or accessing Document folders. I do like the quick startup nd I guess I should have gotten used to it.
I am used to the quick startup of Ubuntu. But that is only on my personal laptop. At work, we are migrating from XP to 7.

Kaitlyn and I rode the horses down the lane and back. I had Ryan trotting, which he is a trotter. Kaitlyn had Morgan loping. Morgan is a TN Walker.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2014, 03:48:11 PM »
Windows 8 is great as a touch screen cell phone operating system, for a computer, not so much... ::) ::) ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:39:15 PM »

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2014, 05:10:34 PM »
Good shoot. Didn’t miss nothin’ I shot at. No Ps. Latest OFSDAR loads flatted the pistol knockdowns right smartly. A bit warm – no complaints tho.

When ya tell folks ya don’t crank down on yer screws ‘n ya sher as hell don’t put no goop on the threads ya just snug ‘em up when ya clean ‘em, make sure ya clean ‘em.

No idea when the Bird’s head 3/12”, Shorty, was cleaned last. Felt funny on the fifth stage. Got ta the unloadin’ table ‘n held it up ta the light. Grip frame’s ‘bout ta fall off. Lucky all the screws were still in it. Miz Taylor had a couple gettin’ loose.

Gonna be makin' my Derby pick inna few minutes.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
Has rained off'n'on here today. Current temp is 62.

Had some grands here last night. Dogs got their claws clipped today, and then we went to the Kia dealer to get the wife's phone picked up by the system again. For some reason it'll drop hers every once in a while.

May be quite a while before the mowing gets done with all this moisture. Dogs are looking over their shoulder at me again ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
Been sunny all day with fluffy clouds. A few sun showers this afternoon.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2014, 10:03:02 PM »
Went to a car show with the Wife today, $12 to get in, bought some wood handled stainless and brass "tooth" brushes for cleaning the cuns, also picked up a couple cans of Free-All,one of the best penetrating oil sprays ever made.Got lunch while we were there too day cost me just under a c-note when all was said and done.Wife wanted to know why we don't do this more often... ::) ::) ::)
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 423
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2014, 01:27:24 AM »
Rained all day  :(  messed with some leather-work,  took a nap and I went to the BBQ and got some ribs....

Humidity 100% but it suppose to clear today...

Coffee is in the timer
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »
I'll set up the coffee for the morning shift.

Had a full weekend of girls fast pitch softball planned, got cut short.  Our girls crashed in their first game, and burned in the second.  So the spring season is over; they start back up in late August, and will be in the 12 year old's group.  Oh, well; a bunch of us adults have got together and planned to keep training and practice going through the summer - unofficially, of course; according to league by-laws, they can't practice formally as a team, so we have arranged for cages time and conditioning sessions at a local batting center, and will try to work on their skills as we can.

The weather heated up here, was 95 today and very windy, and dry - rel. humidity is 6%; by Tuesday, the guessers say we'll be back down into the seventies.  Allergies running rampant.

Time to start easing into the evening, maybe get to bed before three am.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2014, 07:33:25 AM »
Thanks for the coffee El

Sunny here this morning- got rummage thru a box and find my Social Security card- trip to wally world.  For a couple items.

Big classic/collectible car auction about 1/4 mile from here yesterday. Traffic was interesting on Hwy 11
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2014, 08:13:06 AM »
Where's 'here?'

Mornin’.

Mid fifties ‘n clear out. Real pretty now but it’s gonna get a bit warm later.

Don’t know what I’m gonna end up with next time. Still pluggin’ along with this ole rebuilt Dell with XP in it. She makes it ‘til the 22nd of June it’ll be three years since I sat it on the desk ‘n fired it up. If she quits then it’ll come out ta $3.89 a month.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2014, 09:14:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 42 and sunny. High of 57.

Slim

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2014, 10:33:49 AM »
Morning all.

Bit cloudy here, with a forecast in the low 70's.
Saw a concert last night from the "Shasta College Student Symphonic."  They played pretty well.

Today is also Star Wars Day.... 8)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2014, 02:48:51 PM »
Where's 'here?'

Arcey- Argo Alabama
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »
I"ll start a pot.

39,sun with high clouds at the moment ::)

Argo is close to what,lR? ???
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 06:34:27 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I spent the weekend at our American  Legion. Division Convention. I tried to save some Money and stayed at a elcheapo motel. I will not make that mistake again. No coat hangers, no coffee maker, an no free breakfast.  I got to meet a bunch of new friends and got to spend some time with an old friend from college from the Panhandle. I will get a better motel next time for sure. I wish the we could get some of the rain that Major 2 is getting. We are officially in a drought around here. It should be warm here today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 06:51:04 AM »
Thanks for the coffee..

Tex you can't go wrong with Best Western a little hign priced in tourist season- you won't regret it.
Get room on line in advance and save.

4i'd Buck it's north of B'ham on the Road to Gadsden
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2014, 06:55:40 AM »
Argo. N’er heard of it. ‘Course I’d n’er heard of Talladega ‘fore they built the track.Thanks for bringin’ it ta my attention.

Mornin’.

Very nice out now ‘n supposed ta stay nice. I’m grateful.

Had me a heck of an eagle day yestitty.

Sat down with a cup ‘n brought up the Georgia bird. Middle of the screen a great big image of a buzzard lookin’ baby bird starin’ inta the camera. She’d branched on the same branch the camera’s mounted to. She’s an only eaglet ‘n so far she’s a late bloomer.

Later in the day the fat lady ‘n I went ta the CG ta spy on HK ‘n BF. Didn’t see ‘em from the soccer field. Went thru the ‘hood surroundin’ the place. No glory – but – we’re ridin’ real slow down Eagle Rock (no kiddin’) Road scannin’ the pines when BLAP! the nest we’ve been tryin’ ta find sat there stickin’ out like a sore thumb. Rode past ‘n missed it many times. Been lookin’ too far inta the links. The tree ain’t much more’n 10 er 15 feet from the curb. Made gettin’ skunked on findin’ the pair unimportant.

Hook all that up with a JGR win in Alabama ‘n Patrick becomin’ the first woman ta finish as high as 22nd ‘n leadin’ the bottom half of the field to the flag made it a right enjoyable day.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2014, 07:03:30 AM »
Taladega was busy this weekend- i was feeling Friday at the I20  Turnoff for the track. All the local radio shows was non stop NASCAR.

Lmao glad you gave the pretty lady in a firesuit the honorable mention. 

Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 07:49:54 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis 37 and mostly cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs in the middle 50s. East wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com