Author Topic: Anyone familiar with the COLT 01991  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Anyone familiar with the COLT 01991
« on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:18 AM »
This is Colt offering or version of the Mil-spec 1911
Flat Main spring,  housing Blue finish, solid trigger & hammer, it does have some A1 frame cut at the trigger...

I'm assuming Colt is having these done by vendors ?   :-\

sorry if this covered elsewhere ...quick search show NADA

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Re: Anyone familiar with the COLT 01991
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »
The O1991 is the 1991, a series 80 Colt 1911, made in Hartford.  I have one, carried it overseas in the Persian Gulf (Don't ask . . .).  Love mine.  Its been dependable, accurate, omnivorous.  

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/1991Series.aspx
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 09:53:57 PM »
Thank you... if you risked all on one say's volumes....

from my era to you & your time " Welcome Home "
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:12:07 AM »

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »
I ordered two 1991s, a 45ACP and a 9mm. My plan was to compete in Wild Bunch with the 45 and practice with the externally identical 9mm.

Things didn't go as planned as they sent me a 9mm 1991 and a 45ACP National Match Gold Cup. Don't get me wrong, the Gold Cup is a lovely handgun, but I wanted to compete in the basic Wild Bunch category (I can't remember the proper name at the moment), so those plans were thwarted.

I picked up a box of 1000 9mm Geco ammo for a good price and began to run the 1991 in over a few weeks (I'm at the range 2-3 times a week). On about round 600, the gun jammed open, locked solid. Dropped the mag and nothing short of a nylon hammer to get it closed worked. I eventually managed to strip it and found the ejector (which is incredibly long?) bent way out of shape and light scoring on the hammer and underneath of the slide. Not happy.

It is obviously not up to handling decent loads. I got flim flammed by the dealer and the importers, so I bought a new ejector and am going to fix it myself. All efforts to remove the damaged ejector have failed at this stage. I got the grumbles with it and threw it iin the safe in bits. I will dig it out and have another go later.

I'm not a Colt hater, I have owned several over the years and currently own three (haha, make that two and a half!). Apart from a 9mm Norinco which I picked up mega cheap all of my 1911s are always Colts.

We don't enjoy the support from the factories that you guys do. RCBS being the notable exception, they are awesome.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com