Author Topic: Need help and advice on NM Vaquero  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Parson McGrady

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Need help and advice on NM Vaquero
« on: October 11, 2014, 05:54:12 AM »
Morning all!

I have a NM Vaquero for Cowboy Fast Draw. It is factory new and I could use some advice on tuning it up. The cylinder brakes often as you try to spin it, and I could not tap out the notched trigger spring pin so I could replace the spring. I can't figure out how to loosen the base pin latch nut or why the ejector housing is flat grey looking on a stainless steel gun.

Would appreciate the benefits of your wisdom.

Blessings,

Parson McGrady

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Need help and advice on NM Vaquero
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »
Morning all!

I have a NM Vaquero for Cowboy Fast Draw. It is factory new and I could use some advice on tuning it up. The cylinder brakes often as you try to spin it, and I could not tap out the notched trigger spring pin so I could replace the spring. I can't figure out how to loosen the base pin latch nut or why the ejector housing is flat grey looking on a stainless steel gun.

Would appreciate the benefits of your wisdom.

Blessings,

Parson McGrady

I am not trying to be cruel, mean or harsh.  But, based on your questions your best bet is to take it to someone that knows what they are doing.  First, what the heck is the phrase in red supposed to mean?  Second, in pink, you cannot tap out the notched pin without compressing the spring.  You will ruin the gun trying to "tap out" the pin.  Third, in green, you have to have a notched screwdriver to go over the nut on one end and stick a regular screwdriver in the other end and unscrew it.  This is fairly basic stuff.  You can go to the Ruger website for a video on how to take the gun down.  But, if you are totally unfamiliar with Rugers you should entrust it to someone that is.

Go here and click on Tech Tips.   http://www.ruger.com/resources/videos.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com