Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1876

TWIST

(1/6) > >>

Roosterman:
50 95  1 in 24
45 60   1 in 22
45 75   ?? don't own one
40 60   1 in 22

I measured each of these several times. The Ubert website states a 1 in 40 twist for the 50 95. I don't have any Uberti specs for the other '76 calibers.

Hardly the express twist that the rifle was designed for!

Abilene:
The Uberti bore/groove/twist chart on Cimarron's website actually says 1 in 48" for the 50-95. 20" for 45-75 and 45-60, and 40" for 40-60.

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/bore-groove-twist

Roosterman:

--- Quote from: Abilene on January 13, 2023, 11:28:23 AM ---The Uberti bore/groove/twist chart on Cimarron's website actually says 1 in 48" for the 50-95. 20" for 45-75 and 45-60, and 40" for 40-60.

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/bore-groove-twist

--- End quote ---
That isn't what they measure in real time. It would be nice if they actually were what they say.

Advertising:

Abilene:
Yeah, those specs have been online a long time.  I wonder if Uberti's twists were always off, or if they used to be what they say and then changed at some point.  I've heard 44-40 shooters complain of the twist being other than the spec as well, either that or the spec is way off of what originals were, I forget.

Roosterman:

--- Quote from: Abilene on January 13, 2023, 01:08:10 PM ---Yeah, those specs have been online a long time.  I wonder if Uberti's twists were always off, or if they used to be what they say and then changed at some point.  I've heard 44-40 shooters complain of the twist being other than the spec as well, either that or the spec is way off of what originals were, I forget.

--- End quote ---
The specs are WAY off what the originals are.
  I suppose it's quite possible Uberti has used several different twists over the years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version