Author Topic: dose any current clones have 4 click hammer no safety?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline olskool

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
dose any current clones have 4 click hammer no safety?
« on: February 05, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
dose any of the current clones have 4 click hammer without the safety in the hammer? I seen some comments where the Cimarron P model may not have it. is that true? I know you can change the hammer and trigger without it, Taylor's has them, but a hammer is like 120.00 or so. it would be nice to have one ready to go without spending another 150.00 with hammer, trigger,+ shipping,,,,,,,,,,,,
beware of the man who has only one gun, he probably knows how to use it.....

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: dose any current clones have 4 click hammer no safety?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »
Well, it has been stated a number of times on these pages.  The only Uberti with the original style hammer and firing pin (and 4 clicks) is the Old Model P (BP frame) from Cimarron. 

All of the Pietta models (EMF Great Western II and Cimarron Frontier) are also 4 click.  Except for some of the Piettas from other sources (big box stores for example) will have a transfer bar.

Offline olskool

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 06:15:57 PM »
thank you Abilene,,,,,,,,,,,

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:42:29 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 09:52:01 AM »
 ;D PLUS ONE too Abilene  ;D

Pietta has only one concession to the stupid "Drop Test" and that is the two position Cylinder Base Pin which is super easy to do away with.

WHOOPS!!  Forgot.  Abilene and I both forgot to include "Standard Manufacturing" on the list.  Although not exactly "Main Stream" price wise, they are 4 click.

Offline olskool

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
where do you get a regular bade pin coffin maker?

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
;D PLUS ONE too Abilene  ;D

Pietta has only one concession to the stupid "Drop Test" and that is the two position Cylinder Base Pin which is super easy to do away with.

WHOOPS!!  Forgot.  Abilene and I both forgot to include "Standard Manufacturing" on the list.  Although not exactly "Main Stream" price wise, they are 4 click.

My most recent Old Model P had the standard one step main pin. It was custom order, not sure if it was a goof up or not but I assumed they had went to the one step base pin for the new hammer safety models and my old model wound up with it. Either way I was happy ;D
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 08:46:40 PM »

Olskool,

Brownells.  Or simply cut 3/16 off the end of the OEM base pin and dress the end so it slides in and out freely.  Then you can seat the Base Pin fully and it Mimes a Colt Base Pin

Offline olskool

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 06:03:01 AM »
thanks again coffinmaker!

Offline RUSS123

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 06:38:49 PM »
dose any of the current clones have 4 click hammer without the safety in the hammer?

All I can add is: I have 4 clicks with no safety in the hammer. Safety is added to the Base Pin only and that's to my Pietta Frontier Stainless Steel with 7.5" barrel I purchased "NEW" about 9 months ago from Cimarron.

Actually, when I think about it, there is a safety on my hammer after all, silly me!  It's the first "Click" of the 4, called the safety notch.
Russ

Pietta Frontier 7.5 357mag
Uberti 1872 OT 7.5 38 Sp.
Ruger Blackhawk Hunter 44mag
Ruger Single Six Hunter 7.5 22mag Conv.
Ruger Vaquero New 5.5 357mag

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »
After reading this and other threads and after visiting Texas Jacks I acquired a Uberti Cavalry Model. It does have the 4 click action as previously reported by others. It also has all the serial numbers in proper places but sadly it did have the Italian proofs on the cylinder. It also had the spring and plunger for the hand. The Pietta I looked at did not have a serial number visible on the trigger guard or the grip frame. The Pietta looked good and Coffinmaker had me considering one but I just had to have all those serial numbers.

Offline DB Books

• My alter-ego
  • Very Active Citizen
  • JB's vengeful brother
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 01:57:08 PM »
I've been wishing Colt and the copy artists would use the sort of safety rig that Umarex of Germany came up with for their very nice copy of the SAA in .177 pellet/cartridge Co2. All standard barrel lengths too.
  Safety on; hammer & trigger locked-

Hot;

Never take life too seriously...there's always somebody else that will!

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »
Safety is between your ears. Use it.
King Medallion

Offline ccarley

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:52 AM »
I definitely agree with King Medallion!

As far as clones and their safeties, I've seen a lot of different variations when I was researching my single action.  I've seen the transfer bar (without 4 clicks), the floating firing pin, and the 2-step cylinder pin off the top of my head.

I'm pleased to say that the Cimarron El Malo I picked up does have the 4 click hammer, solid firing pin, and only the 2-step cylinder pin.  The manual it came with was from Pieta I believe.  I would not necessarily consider the base pin a safety; but it would effectively prevent the firing pin from hitting a primer.

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/products/revolvers/single-actions/value/el-malo.html

From what I've seen though, both Uberti and Pieta have variations on safeties depending on model. 

Clay

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 02:53:07 PM »
Safety is between your ears. Use it.

Ditto
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »
Ditto's on what King Medallion, ccarley, and Cliff Fendley posted. I've been shooting single actions since 1970 with semiauto's and double actions getting tossed in the fray within a year and two afterwards, yet to have a unsafe incident/accident. Shooting firearms are like driving a vehicle down the road, ya gotta be thinking at least 15 seconds plus ahead of yerself all of the time. No offense DB Books, but that safety you posted on the German airgun reminds me of what I used to scrape off the bottom of my boots as a kid after walking through my Dad's cow yard. It would never fly with Colt, single action shooters, and CAS shooters, JMO-but I'm pretty confident I speak for a lot of single action shooters.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »
...JMO-but I'm pretty confident I speak for a lot of single action shooters.

You speak for me as well.  I would never buy a reproduction with a visible safety like that.  DB, that may be the best they can do in the airgun world and I wouldn't mind one in that case, but I prefer Sam Colt's original design for the real deal.  They say there are two types of people, those who have had an AD and those who haven't yet.  My one AD was nearly 20 years ago, with a Smith & Wesson revolver lookalike CO2 pellet pistol.  I was in my living room and looking at the safety and thinking, now does red mean it is dangerous and can fire or does green mean it is ready to GO?  Anyway, I looked at the safety and thought it was on and squeezed the trigger and it shot.  At least I was following the other rules, i.e. aiming at something safe (the carpet) and the pellet did no harm.  But still, my only AD involved a stupid safety.

Offline RUSS123

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 02:14:54 PM »
dose any of the current clones have 4 click hammer without the safety in the hammer? I seen some comments where the Cimarron P model may not have it. is that true? I know you can change the hammer and trigger without it, Taylor's has them, but a hammer is like 120.00 or so. it would be nice to have one ready to go without spending another 150.00 with hammer, trigger,+ shipping,,,,,,,,,,,,

I purchased from Cimarron a new 7.5" Pietta Frontier Stainless that has the 4 click hammer, (no hammer safety) The safety on my Frontier Stainless is incorporated by the typical second notch on the base pin which is worthless as a safety and I certainly don't use it.  In my opinion, the base pin safety is more unsafe to use in practice, having to fool with it when your gun is loaded and you're getting ready to shoot with the hammer back to at least the loading position.

From Cimarron's catalog, you can't tell which models have it nor does it tell you who make it. You would need to call then and ask.

As for hammer safeties: There was no practical reason to eliminate the first click safety notch. Keeping it would only make for a double safety setup and would at least make for a happier acceptance.
Russ

Pietta Frontier 7.5 357mag
Uberti 1872 OT 7.5 38 Sp.
Ruger Blackhawk Hunter 44mag
Ruger Single Six Hunter 7.5 22mag Conv.
Ruger Vaquero New 5.5 357mag

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »
...From Cimarron's catalog, you can't tell which models have it nor does it tell you who make it. You would need to call then and ask. ...

In general, their Frontier line, and more specifically, any model number starting with PP is a Pietta.  They follow a similar numbering sequence as their Ubertis.  For example, an MP410 is an Uberti Model P 4 3/4" 45 Colt.  A PP410 is the same configuration of Pietta Frontier.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com