Author Topic: Ruger Old Army Extended Rammer  (Read 2970 times)

Offline ncc1701a

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ruger Old Army Extended Rammer
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »
I have a question for the RATS. I posted this question on the Darksiders Den, but it was mixed in with another response so I think it got missed.  I got to shoot my Ruger OA this weekend, what a blast.  My question is with 30 grains of APP I have to use a piece of wooden dowel to get the final compression of ball on top of powder, is there anyone who makes an adjustable bullet rammer?  I could get more shootin done if I didn't have to fiddle with a dowel and compress 6 cylinders again.  As for a range report Looooooooove it.  It shoots to point of aim, good smoke, and I get a few looks as well. 

Thanks in advance

Offline wdbarbe

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Ruger Old Army Extended Rammer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 05:30:21 PM »
CHeck out Capt Baylor's Ranger Cap site.  I think I saw something on there awhile back
BB

Offline Outrider #72622

• Back in the good old U.S. of A.!
  • Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:40:31 PM »
I have a video with Red River Drifter using a steel .38 bullet between the ball and rammer after he loads to compress the ball further down.  He just loaded like normal then dropped it in, compressed further, tipped and dropped it right out. 
Capt Baylor's site shows an extension and an adjustable rammer. 
I contacted Rowdy Yates at Lee's Gunsmithing about it.  He can do ithe extension for, I think, $30 bucks. 
I have yet to find an extension or aftermarket adjustable rammer to buy.
DIRTY RATS
LASSOOS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:27:04 PM »

Offline rhs

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »
I bought the cylinder loading stand that Dick Dastardly sells. It means you have to take the cylinder off the gun, but it should have no trouble seating a ball on top of 30g of powder

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com