Author Topic: May we have coffee and a new thread  (Read 144023 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: May we have coffee and a new thread
« Reply #400 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:24 AM »
I hate to speculate on where the powder is.  Most likely at the manufactures being held back to drive prices up.  I refuse to pay the inflated .22 prices and the other crap. I have enough of a stock pile to defend my self.  >sorry on my soapbox again<

Good luck in your search
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #401 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:30 AM »
This point in time it really don’t matter where it is. Just hope November loosens things up. What the matter is is I gotta have it ta shoot. Gotta get the reps 'n stay in practice in case the producers from Top Shot comes callin’.

Musta turned green whilst I was watchin’ last evenin’s episode. Awwwwwwww, man. Ta have the money for the set ups ‘n the land ta put it on…….
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: May 27, 2014, 08:22:43 AM »
Never heard of anyone trying to feed a Glock BP, but have heard that a 1911 will eat it. Don't know as I'd want to clean a modern DA after using it, though.

Advertising

« Reply #403 on: Today at 11:42:42 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Never heard of anyone trying to feed a Glock BP, but have heard that a 1911 will eat it. Don't know as I'd want to clean a modern DA after using it, though.

1911 will but clean it immediacy unlike a wheelgun. I will not try it in my glock- donations are accepted and will be happy to do it for the sake of science.

Arcey good luck with that Top Shots spot. I agree they spend more on one stage than most clubs do all year
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
One of the cross over shooters does CAS FC-GF. Uses .38s with, I think, a sub. Shootin’ a Smith Model 15 in OFSDAR thingys. Time ta time when he’s doin’ a stage he’ll get his ammo mixed ‘, Bang, Bang, BOOM, Bang, BOOM, BOOM! Doesn’t seem ta slow ‘im or the revolver up any. Dunno what would happen onna steady diet.

My Glocks are nines. I carry both on the street so they ain't modified. Don’t think I could get ‘nuff of even a hotter sub in the case ta cycle the action. Compressed load of Unique wouldn’t reliably do it a couple three weeks ago.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2014, 10:54:41 AM »
Morning y'all.
No coffee fer me, thanks. Get a cold over the weekend. Home from verk today. Gonna go spray the horses in a bit for gnats and go back to bed.

'Tis 69 and overcast. "Showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
Morning y'all.

On the Black Powder in a Glock-  Hickok45 did that with his.  It worked... for about half a mag, then became a strait-pull action.  that was with 2FG Goex, I think. :-\  I think I'll keep the Holy Black out of my 1911, though. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: May 27, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #408 on: May 27, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
That's it!  Though, I guess I might have mixed his video up with another I saw...  the other was a 9mm, not a 45..  :-\

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »
Rain delay from my building project. Took the week off to get a bunch of stuff caught up around home. Bought one of those 10X8 metal shed kits from Lowe's, to hopefully get most of my wife's cra..... er, stuff out of my reloading shed and out of my motorcycle shop. Started raining just long enough to put up tools and spread out a tarp. Then it quit, if the sun comes out now it's gonna be awfully sticky out there...

Just about got the wood floor built to put it on, then it's time to sort out the approximately 1,756,392 parts that make up the shed, all packed into one 3'x6' cardboard box about 4"thick, weighing over 200lb.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #410 on: May 27, 2014, 06:53:50 PM »
 ;D  be prepared, there will be missing hardware ...don't ask how I know ! 

I've assembled about 4 of the dang things , always lost or perhaps they shorted me, X number of bolts or nut or washers or some cuss id thing  ::)
But I made do  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: May 27, 2014, 07:15:26 PM »
Got in another couple hours of work before another rain delay. Evening now. so I've fired up the lead pot. Not too hot this evening, should be a good casting evening.

Edit: M2, if I'm only missing some nuts, bolts or screws, I'll be fine. As long as I have all the sheet metal parts.

Wonder where they found the nuts in this thing? They appear to be 11/32". I say appear, because although I HAVE one, I don't remember where it is, since I don't think it fits anything on a car except electrical stuff about 1960's and earlier. So I'm stuck with using a 6" crescent wrench. Not metric, either, unless there's an 8 1/2 mm size wrench out there somewhere.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: May 27, 2014, 07:56:11 PM »
Have any of you heard from Delmonico in the past couple days? Did he go AWOL?
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »
He just posted this morning in the Barracks, about meals for the Grand Muster.

Casting session didn't go so well, seems like my old Lee "drip-o-matic" lead pot can drip out enough lead, that by the time you get a mold hot enough to cast good, then you have to scrape up all the drips and add them back, then wait for it to get heated up again..... >:(

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
He just posted this morning in the Barracks, about meals for the Grand Muster.

Casting session didn't go so well, seems like my old Lee "drip-o-matic" lead pot can drip out enough lead, that by the time you get a mold hot enough to cast good, then you have to scrape up all the drips and add them back, then wait for it to get heated up again..... >:(

Thanks on Glen -he is just deralection of duties then

Sounds like you need a new smelt pot
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: May 28, 2014, 05:59:33 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

‘Bout like yestitty out.

Didn’t make it to Colonial yestitty – kinda similar ta PE’s drip problem - drain troubles in the back bath. Try again taday. Awready got a couple things scheduled for the mornin’ time. Then I gotta earn my executive chef’s pay ‘n create a menu for the evenin’.

‘Fore I do anythin’, gotta take ‘nother shower. While I was in there, thought ah sumthin’ else I needed it the off site pantry. Now that I’m out the shower don’t remember what it t’was…………

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: May 28, 2014, 06:07:32 AM »
Coffee anyone? ;)

We weeded around the flower beds in the park yesterday, my back is informing me about it this morning ::) :P

Woke up to rain and boomers this morning, keys to the kingdom today. Any luck, and I won't have to open the pool ::)

66, humid, and light rain ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: May 28, 2014, 06:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the coffee Buck. Need to go into Norfolk and take Mom shopping, if I get done early enough I might run by Bob's Gun Shop and see what he has in the double action revolver case.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: May 28, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning, her front leg seems to be better. She is such a good girl, I spend more time with her than my wife.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #419 on: May 28, 2014, 08:08:31 AM »
I'm alive.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com