Author Topic: Remington Elliot Ring Trigger 4 Barrel Pistol  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Marshall Matt Dillon

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Remington Elliot Ring Trigger 4 Barrel Pistol
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 09:03:19 PM »
Got my cases and bullets today in mail. Now to trim cases and figure out how to reload them.

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 04:22:45 AM »
Lucky you. Mine are still in USPS limbo somewhere in Maryland!
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »
can i smear lube on bullet with my fingers? Never lubed bullets before.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 11:27:30 AM »

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2020, 10:30:21 AM »
Sure. That will work. Use appropriate lube for the powder you use.
"We're all travelers in this world.  From the sweet grass to the packing house, birth till death, we travel between the eternities"  Prentiss Ritter, Broken Trail

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 09:50:31 AM »
My reloadable cases from Jack Harrison finally arrived after more than 3 weeks in USPS limbo. Here is what I did to prepare them.

First I cut them to about .600" length with the chop saw. Then trimmed to final length of .575". Lastly the mouths were neck reamed to. 299" to fit the .299" diameter heel of the bullets. This last step may not be necessary unless you have a tight chamber. But I had the neck reamer, so I reamed them to make seating the bullets easier. After chamfering the case mouths, they were ready to load  ;D

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »
I loaded one starter pistol blank with no powder or bullet to test functionality. I stepped out the back door and it went bang  :D

So I loaded up 8 cartridges using the starter blank, 4.0gr of Old E  3F and my slightly shortened Ideal 299153 bullets. Since I don't have a crimp die, I used 2 drops of loctite, kind of a chemical crimp  ;D.  Finally, the bullets were lubed with an old time factory heel bullet lube.

I now have 8 rounds ready to test fire  :D  :D

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 11:06:03 AM »
Very cool little cartridges . You did good Amigo . ,,,,,,DT

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 08:17:22 PM »
I finally got around to loading mine. I trimmed cases to .790. Bullet just touches rifling, as i expect superb accuracy!  :) I Loaded with #2 ramset shell and tenmiles bullets. Shot great! Had a lot more recoil then i expected. I had bought ramset power #3 also, but did not try them after feeling the #2 shells.

I would like to have a die to resize. The bullets fall easily into the case after the first firing.

It really throws up a big chunk of mud when i shoot into the ground. Much more power then expected.

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2021, 08:42:10 AM »
Marshall - Glad you got to try them out. I've not made it to the range yet.  Here is a loading data table that consolidated a lot of work done by a few of us with 32 rimfire years ago over on the Cast Boolits forum.  It has various case lengths, bullets, powders and ramset/duofasts. 

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2021, 11:31:38 AM »
I finally got to the range with my little ring trigger pistol. The reloadable .32 rimfire shorts worked great. Its a really fun little piece to shoot.  Here is a short video.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2021, 09:21:23 PM »
What case are these reloadable cases made from?

Offline ndnchf

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 04:18:58 AM »
They start as 32 S&W.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com